NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 05-05-2008 00:45:17

Waccoon
Administrator

Wacintaki 1.3.12

Finally, an update.  Please let me know of any problems, ASAP.  I've been using 1.3.12 on my own oekaki board for about 3 weeks.

I'm not 100% sure how the updater works when converting a Wax Poteto board, so I'd recommend only updating Wacintaki boards for now.

Wax Poteto will slowly receive some of these changes, but I'm getting closer to discontinuing Wax Poteto and simply offering alternative header styles in Wacintaki.  The only thing holding me back is the lack of a Wacintaki template editor.

The log file is the major feature in this version, so owners will finally know who is doing what, and database errors will finally be easier to diagnose.

Code:

CHANGES:
- New hacks.php file (still 1.2.0 compatible).
- Picture upload now works properly with multiple WIPs.
- Picture count now works correctly when deleting WIPs.
- Adjusted humanity test so first option (the default) will never be the correct answer.
- Corrected JavaScript error with Maximize applet (no CSS units).
- Small change to "comment.php" to allow control over how many smilies are displayed.
- Updater cleaned up, fixed a very old version detection bug.
- Updated error reporting when trying to post a comment on a picture that does not exist.
- Updated ban code to ignore hosts file if host lookup fails or is disabled.
- Improved reminders when members have more than one WIP saved.
- Confirmation for install and update script removal.
- Changed variable reference usage in common.php and paintsave.php.
- Fixed cookie corruption issue when changing password in profile editor.
- Finally fixed the "new window" code so pop-ups have toolbars, since Firefox's tabbed browsing feature causes flow issues.
- Changed cookie/login handling in paint capture code (again) to help prevent PHP errors from interfering with return codes for applets.
- Members may now upload animations if they have animation access.  Previously, only admins could upload animations.
- 404 returned when posting comment on non-existent picture to help kick spambots.
- Updated the Wacintaki manual.
- Updated the .htaccess file to include short tag support.

FEATURES:
- New resize buttons on paint screens allow applets to be bigger than the screen.
- Admins may now edit member profiles and avatars via the Modify Permissions menu, and the profile viewer.
- Profile option to hide e-mail.
- Profile option to disable smilies.
- New logging system tracks system/admin/member activity, including deletes, edits, bumps, archives, and more.
- Registration form now enforces age declaration.
- Minimum age for adult browsing is now adjustable in hacks.php file.  Default is still 18.
- Registrations may now be rejected without sending rejection e-mail (anti-spam measure).

#2 05-05-2008 06:15:04

Albel

Re: Wacintaki 1.3.12

Is there a list of the changed files in this release? Since this seems like a big update, code-wise, I won't bug you for all of the code changes --- but knowing which files I need to "re-hack" for my custom template would be very helpful.

#3 05-05-2008 15:07:05

Ashass

If you download the patch that is 1.3.10 -> 1.3.12 you will only get the files that have been changed for this patch.

Also, great release, I've actually deleted users who have obnoxious avatars.

Now if you can make an official "delete comment confirm" so I don't keep accidentally deleting peoples pictures/comments when i middle mouse click to scroll, i would love you forever.

(I'm working on a hack that will be a javascript and ob_flush() and flush() but I can't guarantee it will work, I'll post back if it does later tonight.

#4 05-06-2008 02:02:05

Waccoon
Administrator

Albel wrote:

Is there a list of the changed files in this release?

At the top of each file, there is a version number.  Any file that says "1.3.12" has been modified for this release.  The other files have not.

Red files are "member" files that may need attention.  Everything else is admin/code related, and should not need serious or even any modification.

addusr.php, banlist.php, banscript.php, boot.php, comment.php, common.php, cpanel.php, draw.php, editprofile.php, edit_avatar.php, functions.php, getoekakibbs.php, header.php, index.php, log.php, memberlist.php, modflags.php, niftytoo.php, noteBBS.php, paintBBS.php, paintbbsget.php, paintsave.php, Poteto.php, profile,php, register.php, shiBBS.php, shiget.php, upload.php

If you're serious about keeping your mod up to date, you might want to look into a diff program to compare your files to updated Wacintaki files.  I highly recommend KDiff3.

Ashass wrote:

Now if you can make an official "delete comment confirm" so I don't keep accidentally deleting peoples pictures/comments when i middle mouse click to scroll, i would love you forever.

Yeah, I'm a bit twitchy with the mouse, too.  I have a bad habit of just clicking in empty space.

#5 05-16-2008 16:54:52

Ashass

Lol, work caught up with me quite a bit this week, I'll see about making the hack today  or tomorrow though, promise!

#6 06-01-2008 14:43:29

Nullig

A question about the updater...

I'm running 6 sites (in subdirectories) off a shared user db. Do I run the updater on each site? Or do I only need to run it on one?

Thanks.

Nullig

#7 06-02-2008 03:28:47

Waccoon
Administrator

Nullig wrote:

Do I run the updater on each site? Or do I only need to run it on one?

It must be run on each site.  When you patch the files, and try to view the index page, the board will tell you that the updater must be run.

#8 06-02-2008 10:09:41

Nullig

Thanks.

And, by the way, you've done a great job on this. Thanks so much for all of your great work on this project. It is REALLY appreciated very much.

Nullig

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB