NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 02-05-2008 17:08:16

Sadil

Upload no longer worked?

Hey all. smile

I recently had an issue with HV's oekaki. All of a sudden, pictures would stop being sent/uploaded. Some of them could still be found in the pictures folder, some couldn't. But when I tried uploading a picture it'd simply redirect me to the index page without letting me enter a comment. Nothing in the recover images list either.

A second oekaki on the same host had no issues. Nobody had touched any coding. I simply moved the board to a different folder and made a fresh install with the same database, but I still wonder if this is a known issue or not.

http://www.howlingvoice.com/backup_oekaki/

Feel free to create an account and try to upload or draw, it still doesn't appear to work.

If you've any idea why this happened, please tell me. smile Thanks.

#2 02-06-2008 07:38:41

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Upload no longer worked?

Well, this is kind of troubling.

First of all, you're having the dreaded SocketPermission error on your server.  That is discussed in detail here:  SocketPermission error.  If you're using Firefox, you'll have to use a different browser for now until the Java and Firefox compatibility issue is resolved.

Now, on to uploads.  The board is supposed to return an error message if the picture information cannot be inserted into the database, and the actual picture itself is saved on the server after the database is updated.  However, pictures are showing up in the pictures folder (with correct numbers), and there is no database record.

This is odd.  For some reason, MySQL is accepting the insert, but is not actually saving anything.  Either that, or the board is saving the picture information to the wrong database.

First, make sure your database prefixes are set up correctly.  When using multiple boards, they should all share the same "Member Table Prefix", but use a unique "Database Table Prefix".  It's possible that the config file got messed up, somehow, or is using a default value.

If everything is fine there, we'll have to find out what is actually getting inserted into the database.  I'll have to give you a custom file to do that, though, since the error reporting I have in the file right now obviously isn't working.

Do you have any other forums or galleries powered by MySQL?  Have they had any weird issues, even minor ones?  Do you have access to your server's PHP error log?  Some servers save the PHP error log as a file named "error_log" in the oekaki folder, which can only be viewed privately, and not openly on the Internet through a web browser.

#3 02-06-2008 16:39:40

Sadil

Nobody's given any reports whatsoever about the SocketPermission error, so that is really news to me. I use Firefox and I can draw without a problem. I've not had a single error.

The database prefixes were all set up right. The boards all have separate Database table prefixes, but share the same Member table prefix:

The first board (the one that's now broke) has op_
The second board (sketch oekaki) has op2_
The third board that I installed to replace the first board now has op_fix_ as prefix.
All three share member table prefix op_

This is from the first board's config file:

$OekakiPoteto_Prefix = 'op_';
    $OekakiPoteto_MemberPrefix = 'op_';

Uhm... The host/site isn't mine but HV's, I just manage her oekaki board installations since she doesn't know how to work it all. I'll ask her about any other installations/issues. She has her site hosted at Yahoo which is a really bad site to navigate for information, so I'll try to find if it has a PHP error log.

If you need to, I can give you login info needed to access everything so you can fetch the necessary information first-handed.

(And yeah, I've been trying to convince her to change hosts. <.< Heh.)

#4 02-06-2008 16:54:07

Sadil

I asked HV, she hasn't had any other issues with MySQL powered features. smile And she's given permission to share the login info.

#5 02-07-2008 05:02:36

Waccoon
Administrator

The SocketPermission problem only happens with certain versions of Java, so I guess both you and the members are lucky enough to have an older version of Java.  I'd recommend not upgrading just yet.  wink

PHP usually doesn't have its log file managed by the HTTP server, so with Yahoo, it's probably inaccessible.  It's strange that the database will not insert information and just not report a problem, so I think I might need the login.  There has to be some way of telling why a query just disappears out of thin air.  My e-mail is here.

Wait, only the first board is broken?  I didn't try posting on any of the other boards.

#6 02-07-2008 08:39:36

Sadil

Ah, good thing then! tongue

HV decided to move from Yahoo to Hostgator so we're in the middle of having everything moved right now. But yeah, only one board was broken, rest was still intact.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB