NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 12-30-2007 14:56:28

darkuredi

Wax poteto sending error

Whenever I try to draw I get the error:

Error

Cannot find recent picture

Use your browser button to go back.

I see theres been a few people with the same problem who have had it fixed but I could not see a definite fix. I used the diagnostic tool and it returned 'ok' for all of the folders. I forgot to metion - I am using the latest version 5.6.2 and it has recently been installed, I have deleted it and tried reinstalling several times, I also downloaded the latest version of java.

Last edited by darkuredi (12-30-2007 14:59:02)

#2 12-31-2007 03:14:58

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Wax poteto sending error

I'd have to have a link to your board.  There's a number of things that can cause this error, and they are usually related to security restrictions of the server.  Sometimes they can be properly fixed, sometimes they will be intermittent.

The configuration of MySQL can also cause this issue, and there is a logging system to show those errors.  If this is the case, you can type in something like www.server.com/oekaki/wac_error.txt to check the log (it may not exist if no errors have occurred).  I haven't yet added access to the log file to the diagnostics page.

#3 12-31-2007 06:23:54

darkuredi

Nope the text file doesn't exist, here's the link to the board:
http://darkuredi.byethost13.com/oekaki/
It may be a problem with the host, I have used several in the past and have run oekaki boards (usually the original) off most of the ones I have used, not sure if I have run the original oekaki poteto off of this host before though.
I tested the upload feature, that worked fine, now when you try to post a picture you no longer get an error message it just takes you to the uploaded picture. I can delete the uploaded picture if that helps.

Last edited by darkuredi (12-31-2007 07:07:01)

#4 01-01-2008 05:20:20

Waccoon
Administrator

Try this patch.  It uses a different error log system and prints info to the log regarding submissions (PaintBBS only).  That should help track down at what point the script is failing:  Wax error reporting

The script does return messages if the submission is corrupt or empty.  Maybe my custom error log isn't writing properly due to file permissions, so this patch uses PHP's error reporting system, instead.

#5 01-01-2008 06:16:03

darkuredi

hmmn I still don't appear to get an error report after overwriting the old files with the patch and attempting to send a picture again in paintbbs. Also could this be related?
http://darkuredi.byethost13.com/paintbbs.jpg
Doesn't that suggest it thinks that it is supposed to overwrite something? I don't remember seeing that message when drawing pictures in the past.

#6 01-01-2008 23:01:53

Waccoon
Administrator

That message is normal.  It looks odd because the applet author is Japanese and does not speak English well.  PaintBBS will print that to let you know it is going to submit the picture, and ShiPainter does not have that message.

I've updated that ZIP file so that it will always put something in the log, no matter what.  If we still can't get any output to the log, then I'll have to assume the server is butchering the POST data in some way that will be difficult to trace without some major trial and effort.  I have a feeling that host just isn't going to work with an oekaki board.

#7 01-02-2008 07:07:25

darkuredi

Don't worry about it then smile Probably a problem with the host, I'll move back to my last one as it should work there.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB