NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 11-23-2007 17:36:27

Sadil

Question Automatic User Delete

Hey all!

Buggin' you again. I've a question - is there an automatic user deletion set on pending members? Or does the regular automatic user deletion apply? Some members who sign up take over 3-4 weeks to get around to activate their account. Some of them get stuck. It can be a hassle to constantly having to check the pending list for these people because automatic approval was set in there for a reason.

Just wondering if there is. And if there isn't, if it's ever going to be implemented as a feature.

<3

#2 11-25-2007 03:04:25

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Question Automatic User Delete

What we should do about this depends on how many people are having trouble registering.  Do you have automatic registration turned on?

If registration is set to automatic, then people have 15 days to activate their accounts or their registration will be invalidated.  If people can't be bothered to activate their registrations within 15 days, then that's their own fault.  If their registration is not activated, they are sent a follow-up mail letting them know that they will have to submit a new registration.

If registration is set to manual, then they will be in the pending list forever until a moderator approves or rejects the account.  I did this under the assumption that if moderators can't keep up with manual approval, then automatic registration approval is the only reasonable setting in the control panel.

The problems begin when registration is set to automatic, but the e-mails aren't getting through.  Sometimes e-mail just won't be sent, and sometimes servers will refuse to send mail to addresses hosted by Yahoo, AOL, and so forth due to concerns over spam (my own server refuses to communicate with Hotmail).  Until Wacintaki gets a more sophisticated log file system, which alerts administrators about failed registrations, you may have to view the pending list once in a while to check for accounts that are "stuck".  There shouldn't be dozens of people every week, though, unless there's something really wrong with your server's e-mailer.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB