NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 10-21-2007 01:12:38

DC

No backslashes in comments?

How come when I use \ in a comment it vanishes when shown, but yet still shows up when I go to edit?

#2 10-21-2007 02:01:39

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: No backslashes in comments?

NiftyToo (OekakiPoteto's version of BBcode) does not preserve backslashes when converting HTML entities.  Text will not contain backslashes when used as comments, picture titles, profile names, and a few other uses.

#3 10-21-2007 14:59:41

DC

Heh... I hope when you make your own, you use bb code instead.

Are there any other characters that it can't use, or a file telling about it, and what it can and can't use?

#4 10-21-2007 20:21:28

Waccoon
Administrator

Other than adding smilies, I've not bothered making changes to NiftyToo because it needs to be fully replaced with BBcode.  I don't think there's any other characters that get stripped out, but there are a whole bunch of entities that don't get converted, so NiftyToo does not produce HTML Strict compliant pages.

New features have been a low priority for a while until I got the config system cleaned up.  Adding BBcode wouldn't be much of an issue, now, though it would have to be simple BBcode support (no "img" tags, for example).

#5 10-21-2007 22:28:41

DC

Yeah.  Just support for bold, itallic and underline, and smilies, and allowing any text character to be entered would be fine.  Oh, and url parsing, and/or at least url tags, too.  Other than that, comments on the oekaki shouldn't need to be more complex than that.

Good luck!

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB