NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 09-25-2007 20:11:09

dark_rukario

When you try to draw, the oekaki uploads incorrect image...

http://www.dehideout.phpnet.us/oekaki/

At this oekaki, the whole thing works fine for me, but not for most of the other users. When they try to send a finished picture, it just re-sends their previous image. I do not know why this error is not occuring for me, but it seems a problem for others.

Also, I'd like to know how to upgrade this oekaki: http://www.dehideout.eeveeshq.com/oekaki/oekaki because I have absolutely no idea.

Thanks in advance,
Dark.

Last edited by dark_rukario (09-26-2007 03:35:00)

#2 09-27-2007 07:15:07

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: When you try to draw, the oekaki uploads incorrect image...

When they try to send a finished picture, it just re-sends their previous image. I do not know why this error is not occuring for me, but it seems a problem for others.

Actually, what's happening is that their picture is getting lost.  OekakiPoteto's comment screen shows the latest picture drawn, so if the new picture doesn't send, the old one is shown, instead.

If you're not having the problem, but other people are, this does point to a browser/Java/applet problem.  These problems can be maddening.  Windows XP doesn't use Microsoft's version of Java anymore, so updating the the latest Java from Sun is the first step.

Now, I will tell you that Wax 5.6.1 has a problem with retouching, which is being fixed right now.  Also, sometimes when editing pictures, Java imports an old cached image instead of the current image, so retouching something more than once might cause an old image to show up.  New pictures, however, shouldn't be an issue.

If this is a chronic problem, I can send you a custom paint save file that will keep track of what is actually being sent to the server.  This would help narrow down why the BBS is accepting the upload, but the upload turns out to be empty.

Also, I'd like to know how to upgrade this oekaki: [link] because I have absolutely no idea.

It's actually pretty easy.  The patch you'll need is the "Patch for 5.5.6 and newer".  The patch contains a folder named "overwrite".  Just copy every file in that folder to the server and then view the board.  You'll be given step-by-step instructions by the updater to finish the rest.

Naturally, it'd be a good idea to wait for 5.6.2, which will have the retouch fix.  It's a very trivial thing, so I should have it out by tomorrow.  I just have to package it.

If you're not too sure about applying the patch (since there's a lot of files in it), I can do that for you, but I'll need your FTP info to do it.

#3 09-28-2007 05:56:52

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: When you try to draw, the oekaki uploads incorrect image...

OK, 5.6.2 is out!  Commenting on retouched pictures should work, now.

Your newer board may use the little "Patch for 5.6.0", which just requires a handful of files to be copied.  Your older board needs the larger "Patch for 5.5.6 and newer", which has a lot more files and a few folders.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB