NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 09-22-2007 16:04:03

ap2003

"Cannot find recent picture" error with last Wax

Hello.

First I wanna thank you for all the work you put on developing this nice apps and all. They are cool, and it's really appreciated.

Well... I just set up Wax on my site, and I'm getting the "Cannot find recent picture" error when I submit an oekaki picture with any of the apps - ShiPainter or PaintBBS. Funny thing is that if I do leave it blank it works, but after the first one is submitted it doesn't submit any new one and keeps showing the old one. It doesn't seem to be updating the database index, so I can't submit more than one item.

The site is : http://oekaki.mismovidas.net
Phpinfo here: http://oekaki.mismovidas.net/phpinfo.php

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I erased everything and made a clean install of Wacintaki... Same thing happens neutral A friend of mine has a site at the same host and installed it just to try. It works fine for him. His account is set to use PHP 4.3 instead of PHP 5.2.3 that's the one my account is using. Could it be the PHP version the problem? Don't know... sad

Last edited by ap2003 (09-23-2007 06:25:57)

#2 09-23-2007 20:50:07

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: "Cannot find recent picture" error with last Wax

Hmm... it's really weird that one picture can be inserted and no more than that.  The error log is supposed to show all database insertion errors as well as picture file errors.

Are you able to upload pictures?  It'd be helpful if you gave me upload privileges when you approve my registration so I can test a few more things.

#3 09-24-2007 01:00:52

ap2003

Thanks for replying smile

I approved your registration.

Uploads seem to be working ok. There's no error log in the oekaki folder, and I see no database related errors in the logs on my host either... Yes, it's really weird!

Thanks again ^_^

Last edited by ap2003 (09-24-2007 01:10:29)

#4 09-25-2007 03:13:38

Waccoon
Administrator

Yeah, uploads shouldn't cause a problem since that's all "legal" code.  The applets can run into problems, though, because of the obsolete way they send data to the server.

However, I didn't have any trouble drawing pictures, with or without animations.  It's possible that you need to update the Java software that's on your computer.  Java is a runtime platform that allows you to run applets in your web browser.  There's lots of different versions of Java out there, and some are more compatible and stable than others.

If you're having chronic issues with submitting pictures, it might be your computer or browser, since I didn't notice any problems submitting stuff myself.  Updating Java is the easiest thing to try, first.  Java has been something of a compatibility minefield in the past.  sad

#5 09-25-2007 04:55:44

ap2003

You are right... I tried it here at work and it's working fine, it seems.
I thought about updating Java before, but, for whatever reason, the updater of the version I have told me there was nothing new, which is false. I one of the 1.6 release candidates versions installed since long ago, so it's probably kind of buggy and doesn't notify updates and stuff. I just downloaded the new official one and will try when I get back home. Hopefully that will fix it all neutral!

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Take care!

Last edited by ap2003 (09-25-2007 04:56:33)

#6 09-25-2007 08:07:39

ap2003

Confirmed: It works!

Thanks again ^_^

#7 09-27-2007 05:57:16

Waccoon
Administrator

The Java updater is weird.  It will only look for specific kinds of updates, and not the latest version.  So, to force an update (or fix), you have to uninstall Java via Add/Remove Programs in the OS control panel, and then install it again.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB