NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 08-08-2007 18:45:17

deebee

Reset Password / Login funkiness

One of my users on http://www.cactusflyspray.com/oekaki couldn't login recently - which coincided with my recent upgrade from 1.3.6 or .7 to .8

Outside of not being able to use mail (BBSMailer not working, etc etc) I cannot reset his login.

When I go to the Reset Password option, it no longer shows what the stored password is.  Instead it shows the Hash word

Valid password in database:       (*snip*)

I try to reset the password to something simple like "poop" it "accepts it" (as in it doesn't throw an error) but I am still unable to login.

What am I missing out on?

also

MySQL 4.1
PHP 4.3

http://www.cactusflyspray.com/oekaki/do … st_php.php

Last edited by Waccoon (08-15-2007 04:09:44)

#2 08-15-2007 04:16:25

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Reset Password / Login funkiness

Sorry for the wait.  I've been gone for a week.

Normally, a cookie can only be read by the same web site that set the cookie.  It's possible that the path got messed up.  If so, this problem happens at the web browser level, not the server level, so if the web browser cookies are cleared, logins should work again.

#3 08-16-2007 14:27:19

deebee

No problem on the wait.  You don't get paid for this, so I don't expect you to jump everytime we ask! tongue

Is it normal that the Reset Password option show the Hashed version of the password?  I could have sworn that it used to show a "real" password.

#4 08-17-2007 03:01:19

Waccoon
Administrator

The hashed version is what's stored in the database, so this is normal.  Basically, it shows the hash just to verify that the password is not blank or something else odd.  The actual password itself is not stored at all.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB