NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-29-2007 20:54:36

Waccoon
Administrator

Wacintaki 1.3.8 released

Download Wacintaki 1.3.8

Quite a lot of things have been changed in this release.  There's only a few new features, but thanks to a number of bug reports some critical issues have been patched.

There is, however, a new method for CGI being used, so some servers may not like this version.  If anyone has issues, let me know ASAP.

Code:

v1.3.8 - July 29, 2007
    CHANGES:
    - Comment screen disabled when accessed directly.
    - Deleting pictures will no longer change the picture count (image caching issue).
    - Members may now toggle the adult flag on their own pictures (yes, this was an oversight).
    - Animation filesize limit now works properly.
    - Minor search changes to memberlist.
    - Adjusted max upload sizes for pictures and animations in control panel.
    - Changing canvas size in PaintBBS will no longer redirect to NoteBBS.
    - Updated the optional .htaccess file to handle more server issues.
    - Added wrappers for setcookie().
    - Added wrapper for mail() to resolve PHP mail return issue.
    - New "w_gpc()" function filters GPC better and obsoletes "slashit()".
    - Fixed possible HTML encoding issue with error.php.
    - Unified animation viewing code.
    - Adjusted thumbnail size cutoff (mostly to handle badly compressed uploads).
    - Fixed typo in unfinished pictures notification (upload.php).
    - Cleaned up thumbnail logic in index.php and fixed a few flow problems.
    - Fixed some untranslated text in funtions.php.
    - Fixed thumbnail usage issue with comment.php.
    - Fixed an HTML ampersand and a syntax error in index.php.
    - Cleaned up CGI pass-throughs when commenting ("a_match" now works properly).
    - Fixed Javascript that was not typed/html-encoded properly.
    - Fixed problem with mass mails not sending when only super-admins have been selected.
    - Removed MySQL info from control panel.  Why it was ever there, I have no clue.  Use the MySQL tool in the documentation folder, instead.
    - Simplified installer to use mostly defaults, and highlight permanent information that cannot be changed in the cpanel.
    - Changed error reporting in edit_avatar.php.
    - Removed some unused value tags from the installer (undefined index errors).
    - Cleaned up variable usage to silence error reporting notices.
    - Fixed picture recovery printing "Edited by" rather than "Edited on" when recovering own pictures.
    - Fixed short open tag detection code for servers with ini_get() disabled.
    - Verification code for registration now encoded properly when sent through e-mail.
    - Error now retured to applets on image size failure.
    - Closed several XSS attacks.
    - Better filtering of integer/code values passed through CGI.
    - Better error handling regarding page numbers and other navigation.
    - Issue with userflag corruption when submitting pictures and Auto Immunity is on.
    - Changed SQL resources in header.php to reduce naming conflicts.

FEATURES:
    - Draw times are now shown as hours, minutes, and seconds.
    - Option in ShiPainter to import canvas instead of animation (solves corrupt animation problems when retouching).
    - New hacks setting for cookie domains.
    - New hacks setting for date formats.
    - New hacks setting to use CSS instead of size approximation for applet area (use with caution).

#2 08-01-2007 09:52:21

Trunksi

Re: Wacintaki 1.3.8 released

big_smile thx waccoon!

but I found a little error-thingy...
I wanted to answer a PM (btw it also happen when I try to write a PM)
I always get this message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: slashit() in /home/web/kajary/html/nskies/oekaki/project/mailsend.php on line 18

#3 08-01-2007 21:26:55

PokéJungle

Looking really good!  Thanks X3;

I'm getting the same error for the messages though =/

And as a BTW, it can get pretty annoying with the messages.  1) when you click the link from the profile, it opens up a new windows when you've already got two others.  One being the oekaki, and one being the profile.  Click on send message should close the popup window, and load the link in the main menu.  2) When you reply to a PM, it should automatically put the original message sender's username in the Recipient box.

Thanks big_smile

++ Visit my Pokémon Oekaki ++

#4 08-02-2007 02:57:28

Waccoon
Administrator

OK, due to a packaging error, a few files didn't have the right version numbers on them and thus didn't make it into the patch.

If you downloaded 1.3.8 before August 2nd, you'll need this hotfix:  1.3.8 hotfix

And as a BTW, it can get pretty annoying with the messages.

All the pop-up menus are particularly annoying with Firefox, because new windows actually become new tabs within the profile window, so you end up with this really tiny view of the board.  Automatically closing the profile window is easy, but there's no standards-compliant way to redirect other windows when you close a window.  This all has to be redone.

2) When you reply to a PM, it should automatically put the original message sender's username in the Recipient box.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.  The inbox always shows from which member the messages came, the outbox always shows the recipient, regardless of the message status.

#5 08-05-2007 00:06:47

PokéJungle

About the first issue, I see.  I'm a web designer and I know how frustrating cross browser compatibility is.  Seems like every one wants to read pages and code in different ways.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear on the second issue.  Ok, so someone sent you a PM, right?  And then you go to the 'Reply' link, and you get the reply page.  BUT, the 'Send To' field would be blank.

Except I just used the hotfix, and tried it, and you fixed it somehow.  So no problems, thanks!  You're awesome for keeping up this Oekaki software.

++ Visit my Pokémon Oekaki ++

#6 08-05-2007 19:54:20

Waccoon
Administrator

Ok, so someone sent you a PM, right?  And then you go to the 'Reply' link, and you get the reply page.  BUT, the 'Send To' field would be blank.

Yeah, that was a registered global issue, a MAJOR problem with previous versions.  I believe I've fixed them all by now.

#7 08-16-2007 11:28:55

Trunksi

thx waccoon big_smile
it's working again tehe

but I found a new little thing.. but first something strange...
I had to reinstall the oekaki...because some problems with the thumbnails
well...but after the install Oo"...
many information/ options were just blank...
(I can't remember the word... but the squared things...
...okay a screenshot...
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/995/strangemo9.th.jpg

xD I hope you get which things I mean)

after fill them with some numbers and other stuff and clicking on the save button...
it saved all the stuff
EXCEPT of the Registration E-Mail...it's blank ..and I don't know why..
I tried to re-enter the e-mail 2-3 times...but it didn't helped..
I'm the only one having that weird problem?

I think it's not THAT important...but I just wanted to ask...and of course to tell tongue
I hope I don't getting on your nerves Waccoon *lol*

oh and sry for my bad english...

Last edited by Trunksi (08-16-2007 11:32:53)

#8 08-17-2007 02:55:43

Waccoon
Administrator

I found the problem.  This is a pretty serious issue, so I hotfixed the archive.

Anyone who downloaded 1.3.8 before August 17 will need this fix:  New CPanel for 1.3.8

#9 08-17-2007 08:56:21

Trunksi

thx big_smile it's working now ^-^~

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB