NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-05-2007 13:14:53

darthfurby

Installation Error

Apache HTTP Server 2.0.59
PHP Version 5.2.3
MySQL client version 4.1.22

I've installed all of the above locally on my computer and have already successfully installed Wacintaki on a remote linux based web server(with older versions of the above software clients) but I tried to install wacintaki on my computer and got a bunch of errors:

Notice: Undefined variable: max_size in C:\htdocs\oekaki\language\english.php on line 2500

Notice: Undefined index: mode in C:\htdocs\oekaki\install.php on line 105

Notice: Undefined index: action in C:\htdocs\oekaki\install.php on line 182

Notice: Undefined index: action in C:\htdocs\oekaki\install.php on line 263

Notice: Undefined index: PATH_INFO in C:\htdocs\oekaki\install.php on line 708

Notice: Undefined variable: langopts in C:\htdocs\oekaki\install.php on line 736

Notice: Undefined variable: dbname in C:\htdocs\oekaki\install.php on line 822

Notice: Undefined variable: dbuser in C:\htdocs\oekaki\install.php on line 834

Notice: Undefined variable: usrname in C:\htdocs\oekaki\install.php on line 954

I still submitted the installation form and got this error:

Notice: Undefined variable: max_size in C:\htdocs\oekaki\language\english.php on line 2500

Notice: Undefined index: mode in C:\htdocs\oekaki\install.php on line 105

Anything I can do to fix this short of reinstalling older versions of php, mysql and apache?\

Thanks in advance!

#2 07-05-2007 13:38:22

darthfurby

Re: Installation Error

One other thing I forgot to mention on the installation progress screen:

Wrote database config file...
Wrote config file...

Wrote base “resource” folder files...

Starting to set up database...

Notice: Use of undefined constant english - assumed 'english' in C:\htdocs\oekaki\config.php on line 29
Finished setting up database...

If you did not recieve any errors, the databases have been installed.

If you are installing another board and your primary board is functioning properly, ignore any database errors.

Click the button below to finalize the installation. This will clean up the installer files and prevent security problems. You will have to copy install.php into the Oekaki Poteto folder if you need to uninstall the database. All other maintenance can be done with the control panel.

#3 07-06-2007 03:26:39

Waccoon
Administrator

There is an ".htaccess" file within the Wacintaki documentation folder.  Copy it to the oekaki folder, and that should fix it.

The next version of Wacintaki, 1.3.8, will be a serious attempt to get rid of these undefined index errors.  Wax Poteto 5.6 finally went beta a few days ago, and has most of the required changes in place.

Oh yeah, 1.3.8 also fixes the installer so the Path to OekakiPoteto works again.  The PHP team changed path behavior in PHP5, so it's been broken for a while.

#4 07-06-2007 05:46:42

darthfurby

Hi Waccoon thanks for the reply.  I copied the .htaccess file but still got the exact same error messages.  But I'll try installing an older version of PHP to see if that does the trick.  Was kinda hoping to play with php5 but it's probably for the best since my webhost is using php4.

Aside from that this is an excellent program and the next Wacintaki version sounds very promising!  Thanks again.

#5 07-07-2007 01:12:16

Waccoon
Administrator

If PHP is run as an executable, and not as a server module, then the htaccess file won't work.  Instead, the installer has to be modified to reduce the error reporting level.

Try this one:  install-1.3.7.zip

I recommend keeping PHP5, because new versions of MySQL and old versions of PHP don't mesh very well, and that can result in bizarre problems that are difficult to track down.  Trust me, I've been through plenty of version conflict nightmares.  sad

#6 07-07-2007 07:51:13

darthfurby

That new install file seemed to help a little.

All the error messages from the submission page and installation progress page are now gone,  but when I get to the oekaki board there are still error messages at the top:

Notice: Undefined index: OekakiU in C:\htdocs\oekaki\index.php on line 11

Notice: Undefined index: OekakiPass in C:\htdocs\oekaki\index.php on line 12

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\htdocs\oekaki\index.php:11) in C:\htdocs\oekaki\header.php on line 184

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\htdocs\oekaki\index.php:11) in C:\htdocs\oekaki\header.php on line 187

Also when I try to log in I am taken to a blank page with more errors:

Notice: Undefined index: OekakiU in C:\htdocs\oekaki\functions.php on line 16

Notice: Undefined index: OekakiPass in C:\htdocs\oekaki\functions.php on line 17

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\htdocs\oekaki\functions.php:16) in C:\htdocs\oekaki\functions.php on line 78

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\htdocs\oekaki\functions.php:16) in C:\htdocs\oekaki\functions.php on line 79

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\htdocs\oekaki\functions.php:16) in C:\htdocs\oekaki\common.php on line 81

Thanks for taking a stab at this.  I wish there was a regular non-web .exe version of oekaki for shmoes like me.

#7 07-07-2007 16:44:23

Waccoon
Administrator

Dang.  I forgot each page still defines the login variables before calling the error override.

OK, given that all this stuff if installed on your own computer, you should be able to edit the config files, right?  Open up the PHP config file "php.ini" (or the equivalent on Linux installs) and change the "error_reporting" setting:

Code:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

This masks out notices.  When Wacintaki 1.3.8 is released, it should finally be compatible with strict error reporting.

#8 07-08-2007 03:46:12

darthfurby

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!  On PHP5 and all the latest software.  Wow!

Thanks a lot Waccoon!  Hope that wasn't too much of a headache, but if you ever need beta testers for the new version I'm happy to volunteer.

Time to draw.  Thanks again!

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB