NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 06-18-2007 16:20:29

Dreams

Thumbnails/Upload/Upgrade

Okay... I looked through the search here and couldn't quite find answers to these questions, so, I may sound like an idiot in this post, but here goes.

I have WaxPoteto 5.5.11 installed (some glorious person named Waccoon ended up making it all work for me). People on my board have a tendency to upload giant files that are 800 or 900 pixels in width/height. My maximum canvas is only set to 600 x 600 for a reason, and even when they "adult the pictures for size", it doesn't help the users who have the adult feature enabled and log in to have their screen filled up with someone's art.

I tried to enable the thumbnails... it doesn't do anything. Is it supposed to work on uploads too? Am I supposed to be manually doing something with the pictures? No matter what I choose... scale to half size, scale to a certain size, rebuild all thumbnails... it looks like it literally just ignores me and reloads the page. What is the board's definition of "large pictures" anyway?

I think I read on here that... the current WaxPoteto doesn't support uploads in file types other than PNGs? Does the upgrade support it?

And... should I upgrade? I downloaded the complete package, but when I looked at the instructions it said:

>>To update an existing OekakiPoteto 5.1.x, Wax Poteto, or WacMod installation, just dump all the files from the "overwrite" folder into the oekaki folder on your server.

But I can't find an "overwrite" folder. Would you be able to list off which files need to be overwritten? They should all be included anyway, right?

^^;; Thanks, as always.

#2 06-19-2007 04:00:21

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Thumbnails/Upload/Upgrade

You're in luck... sorta.

Wax Poteto uses the same "thumbnail" system as OekakiPoteto, where PNG images are simply turned into JPEGs, and scaling is optional.  The problem is that if uploaded files are JPEGs, no actual thumbnail will be made.  The picture is already a JPEG.  It can't be scaled, either, without overwriting the original.

The good news is that Wax 5.6 is just about ready to go into beta status.  I made a lot of progress last weekend to merge the sources of Wacintaki and Wax, so 5.6 will have the new thumbnail system, among tons of other features.

I have two things left on my to-do list, and then I need to ask some people to help beta test it.  It's a big update, so I'm not just going to toss it out, like I usually do.  wink

#3 06-19-2007 17:03:46

Dreams

Re: Thumbnails/Upload/Upgrade

Super! I'll be checking back. ^_^

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB