NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 06-17-2007 15:43:15

Kia

____________ folder is locked! View Readme.txt for help.

________ folder is locked! View Readme.txt for help.

That's the error everyone (including me) get when we try to draw. When i tried to enter the banner I got:

resource/banner.php is locked! View Readme.txt for help.

o_o;

Help?

The Wacintaki updater attempts to chmod the pictures and templates folders to allow the storage of images, and the generation of templates. If it fails, the “draw.php” file will not allow people to draw pictures until the issue has been resolved. CHMOD these folders to 755 or 777 to use them. If you cannot CHMOD them, ask your sysadmin to do it. Even if you cannot CHMOD the directories, some servers will allow you to delete them via FTP and re-create them, though you will lose all contents in those directories.

And, I have no clue what that is -newbie-.

Last edited by Kia (06-17-2007 15:48:26)

#2 06-17-2007 21:58:46

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: ____________ folder is locked! View Readme.txt for help.

To CHMOD a file means to change its security permissions.  You can do with with an FTP client, and some web-based file upload tools allow it, too.

In an FTP program, get the directory listing, right-click a file, and select something along the lines of "Properties", "Permissions", or something like that.  It should give you either a number (the CHMOD number) or a bunch of checkboxes.  The "write" checkbox should be selected for both "owner" and "group".  If an exact CHMOD number is required (which is rare), the number should most likely be 664 for files or 775 for folders.

If you don't have an FTP client, well, you'll either have to get one, or check if the tool you used to upload files to the server allows you to change access permissions.

#3 06-18-2007 09:33:13

Kia

Waccoon wrote:

To CHMOD a file means to change its security permissions.  You can do with with an FTP client, and some web-based file upload tools allow it, too.

In an FTP program, get the directory listing, right-click a file, and select something along the lines of "Properties", "Permissions", or something like that.  It should give you either a number (the CHMOD number) or a bunch of checkboxes.  The "write" checkbox should be selected for both "owner" and "group".  If an exact CHMOD number is required (which is rare), the number should most likely be 664 for files or 775 for folders.

If you don't have an FTP client, well, you'll either have to get one, or check if the tool you used to upload files to the server allows you to change access permissions.

I use smartFTP.

I changed the CHMOD number to 775 (it was 644), but it still doesn't work, and the folder is still locked.

Group and User each have read, write, and execute checked off, other has read and execute.

But this still doesn't explain to me why the banner doesn't work.

Also, whenever I try to edit the rules I get an error:

resource/rules.php is locked! View Readme.txt for help.

When I try to upload:

Warning: fopen(pictures/OP_114.png) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xariax/public_html/oekaki/paintsave.php on line 380

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xariax/public_html/oekaki/paintsave.php:380) in /home/xariax/public_html/oekaki/common.php on line 77

I get a similar error when I try to edit the CPanel.

Last edited by Kia (06-18-2007 09:36:49)

#4 06-18-2007 20:21:37

Albel

You might have a host that needs it to be 777 instead of 755. That's the issue I have on my host, anyways.

#5 06-19-2007 04:14:51

Waccoon
Administrator

Some servers are a real pain regarding permissions.  It's rare that a script requires CHOWN access, so you might have to play around with the numbers to find something that works.

The diagnostics page (from the Owner menu) will show you all the files that should be writable.  If you have an old version of Wacintaki that doesn't have the diagnostics page, this file can help.

Some servers don't like full execute permissions, so you could try getting rid of that on folders (770).  It's important that you not use folder permissions on files, or else the server may not allow access because the permissions are too high.

The main priority is to get the pictures folder working so images can be saved.  Once that is working, if you have trouble getting the files to work, then use the reclaim script.  It will try to make new copies of your files.  It's better to get them working through FTP, though, just in case you need to modify them manually.

#6 06-19-2007 08:45:00

Kia

Albel wrote:

You might have a host that needs it to be 777 instead of 755. That's the issue I have on my host, anyways.

<333333333333333333333333

That worked!

edit: now you can draw, but anything to do with the resource folder is locked- still -.-

Last edited by Kia (06-19-2007 08:47:00)

#7 06-19-2007 08:49:26

Kia

Waccoon wrote:

Some servers are a real pain regarding permissions.  It's rare that a script requires CHOWN access, so you might have to play around with the numbers to find something that works.

The diagnostics page (from the Owner menu) will show you all the files that should be writable.  If you have an old version of Wacintaki that doesn't have the diagnostics page, this file can help.

Some servers don't like full execute permissions, so you could try getting rid of that on folders (770).  It's important that you not use folder permissions on files, or else the server may not allow access because the permissions are too high.

The main priority is to get the pictures folder working so images can be saved.  Once that is working, if you have trouble getting the files to work, then use the reclaim script.  It will try to make new copies of your files.  It's better to get them working through FTP, though, just in case you need to modify them manually.

Since resource file was locked, I changed it to 770, but now it works and I get this error:

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for resource/hosts.txt in /home/xariax/public_html/oekaki/banscript.php on line 20

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for resource/ips.txt in /home/xariax/public_html/oekaki/banscript.php on line 71

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xariax/public_html/oekaki/banscript.php:20) in /home/xariax/public_html/oekaki/header.php on line 184

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xariax/public_html/oekaki/banscript.php:20) in /home/xariax/public_html/oekaki/header.php on line 187

#8 06-20-2007 06:22:41

Waccoon
Administrator

Just for the heck of it, try the least restrictive settings.  Set the resource folder to 777 and all the files within to 666.  Some servers use the execute bit to flag "special" security attributes.

"function.filesize" only needs read access, so that should at least work.

#9 06-20-2007 12:10:37

Kia

Waccoon wrote:

Just for the heck of it, try the least restrictive settings.  Set the resource folder to 777 and all the files within to 666.  Some servers use the execute bit to flag "special" security attributes.

"function.filesize" only needs read access, so that should at least work.

That works! 8D <3

./     
./pictures/    
./templates/    
./resource/    
./avatars/    
./config.php    
./dbconn.php

were also locked so I set the folders to 777

Last edited by Kia (06-20-2007 12:14:16)

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB