NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 06-09-2007 12:37:52

~*Eevee1*~

Resetting upload access

I've been experimenting with upgrading one of my boards from Wax to Wacintaki but keeping the Wax look, and so far it's successful besides some...holes some places...and I forgot to add a few links...but nothing too important at the moment. (Not too confident in my editing skills, heh)
Anyway, in the past on my Wax board I've had the problem of it giving upload powers to every single member, even though it's set to only give admins that option. I solved the problem by taking away upload access completely since the board is just for doodles. Now that I've upgraded I wanted to give them more freedom and upload access but it's still set to everyone given upload, and I'd still only like admins to upload.
Is there a way to reset it so the upload flag is only on for admins, supers and myself?

Thanks for reading~ =] Here's the link to the board: http://www.sutaro.com/oekaki
I'm waiting for all the bugs to be fixed before converting my other wax boards to wacintaki.

Also, is there a reason the header isn't present on the actual drawing applet pages? I added the header in, right under the bootstrap load for each board page, and it worked fine for me but a few members received a header error. I can only assume it's from faulty editing of the header on my end, unless there's a reason headers aren't present there. Or do I need to edit the information further to allow the header to load properly on those pages?

Last edited by ~*Eevee1*~ (06-10-2007 00:44:44)

Owner of the Suta-Raito Oekakis:
Sutaro Sketcher
SR Oekaki
SRO is the merged form of SRON and SROA, with new templates and funnn contests <3

#2 06-10-2007 01:19:58

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Resetting upload access

The upload problem is with Wacintaki?  This problem did exist in Wax Poteto, but I'm not aware of any issues for Wacintaki.

Wax Poteto:  in the functions.php file, look for $uploadaccess -- there should be two references.  Make sure there are two equals signs next to both references $uploadaccess == 'yes'

As for the lack of a header on the paint screens, I felt it took up too much room, and it interfered with the ability to resize the paint applets to fill the screen.  These are minor quibbles, though... there should be no harm in having the header present, though it would be wise to have a control variable to disable the banner, if you have one.  It keeps things less crowded.

The error is likely because the NoteBBS JavaScript is missing, and that causes the palette to stop working.  Open up the header.php file, and right under the part where it includes the Poteto JavaScript, add the NoteBBS script, so you end up with this:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="Poteto.js">
</script>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="noteBBS.js">
</script>

#3 06-10-2007 09:54:52

~*Eevee1*~

It's been upgraded to a Wacintaki board so the $uploadaccess phrase didn't exist. New members that registered after the upgrade to Wacintaki aren't getting upload access which is good, but 6142 members already have it and it won't take the flag from them.

The fix for the header didn't quite work for an error I keep receiving only for paintbbs now. The error appears above the header.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sutaro/public_html/oekaki/paintBBS.php:2) in /home/sutaro/public_html/oekaki/header.php on line 150

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sutaro/public_html/oekaki/paintBBS.php:2) in /home/sutaro/public_html/oekaki/header.php on line 153

The error a few members receive appears below the header in place of any drawing board:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sutaro/public_html/oekaki/header.php:159) in /home/sutaro/public_html/oekaki/common.php on line 96

Here's an error I actually recieved myself, but I wasn't logged in to see how it reacted.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sutaro/public_html/oekaki/paintBBS.php:2) in /home/sutaro/public_html/oekaki/common.php on line 96

big_smile Thank you~

Sutaro Sketcher
SR Oekaki
SRO is the merged form of SRON and SROA, with new templates and funnn contests <3

#4 06-10-2007 22:41:03

Waccoon
Administrator

Oh, OK.  Now I see...

There's no such thing as a member group in Wacintaki, so flags are assigned individually.  I do have a tool to change flags en-masse.  Basically, it strips all upload flags from everyone, because admins always have upload access.  Upload "strip_upload.php" to the server and run it.  Then, remove it from the server.  It works for both Wacintaki and Wax Poteto.

Upload flag toggle

I have no plans to implement member groups into Wacintaki, but that's definitely one of my goals for a future board.

The header can be tricky, because the order in which files are processed is important.  It looks like the header is just being included in the wrong place.

The standard procedure for a stand-alone page is as follows:

1 - Define "BOOT", so the bootstrap will be processed.  This keeps people from running the bootstrap directly.

2 - Collect the cookies OekakiU and OekakiPass (boot.php will clean this automatcially).

3 - Include boot.php, which also includes common.php, the config files, and niftytoo.php, and also processes the ban list and online list.  When collecting data from the paint programs or running functions.php, boot.php has to be configured carefully.  If just displaying the header on a normal page, boot.php requires no configuration.

4 - Process GET/POST data and any initialization required.

5 - If doing something that would require the use of "all_done()" or "report_err()", it MUST be done before the header is included.  This is what causes the error "headers already sent by (output ... header.php:159) in ...common.php on line 96".  common.php contains the error-reporting functions.

6 - Include the header.  smile

7 - Process any SQL and leftover initialization.

8 - Page HTML goes here.

9 - At the end of the page, either include footer.php, or call "@mysql_close($dbconn);" to close the database connection.

#5 06-11-2007 00:10:45

~*Eevee1*~

Aha, got all the upload tags fixed. Thanks so much for that! big_smile!

I placed the header near the bottom of the page-load coding, above where it closes the database connection, but that didn't seem to change anything. Then I moved it near the top, which gave me the errors that you told me about. =} Soo it's around where you told me to put it unless I mislooked through the coding.
I asked a member that was having the problem if moving it down again fixed it, and now all the boards are telling them that they have an unfinished picture, blah blah, so hopefully that's all good.
PaintBBS is still giving errors on the paintbbs.php board, not the notebbs.php boards:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sutaro/public_html/oekaki/paintBBS.php:2) in /home/sutaro/public_html/oekaki/header.php on line 150

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sutaro/public_html/oekaki/paintBBS.php:2) in /home/sutaro/public_html/oekaki/header.php on line 153

Appearing above the header.
The applet loads fine and everything is working for me but the error sits there.

OH. Another thing that I've been meaning to ask for months is about members posting pictures in their profiles. It used to work in the past and for some reason it stopped one day. It's still not allowing them to post any images, all the coding shows up as plain text.

You're truly a life saver Waccoon. smile

Sutaro Sketcher
SR Oekaki

#6 06-13-2007 04:37:50

Waccoon
Administrator

Here's a sample "paintBBS.php" file for you to examine.  I checked it on my test board and it worked fine.  See if it works for you.

PaintBBS, with header

The following code will allow you to exclude something normally in the header from the paint applet screens.

Code:

<?
if (strpos ($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], 'BBS') === FALSE) {
    include ('stuff.php');
}
?>

As for the issue over...

...posting pictures in their profiles.

Yeah, I had to change that.  There's a number of good reasons not to put HTML and links to images directly into the database, and most of them are related to security.  NiftyToo (the markup system used for links, smilies, and other stuff) needs to be updated to support the IMG tag.  That's low on my priorities, though.  I've got a big to-do list regarding Wax 5.6.  wink

#7 06-13-2007 08:20:43

~*Eevee1*~

Every thing's fixed and working now, thanks so much! big_smile I can understand how busy you are, I'm so glad you were able to help me. ^-^ I'll stop hounding ya with questions now, hehe. Have a great week~ wink

Last edited by ~*Eevee1*~ (06-13-2007 08:20:59)

Sutaro Sketcher
SR Oekaki

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB