NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-11-2005 02:33:31

Prizm

Picture not posting--Can you please help?

I just finished installing Wacintaki 1.2.0 and painted my first image! (I want to say THANK YOU to the creator--I found the tools to be functional, and extremely user friendly! I love the natural smoothness of the pen feature!) but when I uploaded the pic, this error displayed above the broken image

"Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/alyse/public_html/loft/comment.php on line 40"

The url is wwwshadowlitrealms.com/loft

Do you know what's wrong and if I can fix it?
*edit for update*
I saw you asking another user with a similar question if he had png files in his pictures folder. I checked mine and pictures I drew are in there, but not displaying. I'm getting the same error after clicking on the member's list too.

*another edit/update*
I just noticed that when you click on the image to see it bigger, the url omitted the .png ending --the url displays like this:
http://www.shadowlitrealms.com/loft/pictures/OP_1.

If you manually add the png ending, the image will display in the browser...weird?

Last edited by Prizm (07-11-2005 10:09:32)

#2 07-12-2005 04:03:41

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Picture not posting--Can you please help?

There's a couple things I can think of.  If you updated from an older version, make sure paintsave.php and common.php have been updated properly.  A missing file extension occurs if the BBS can't tell what datatype the image is based on the image header.  This seems a bit odd given that the image obviously isn't corrupt.

I'll register and see If I can find out what's going on.

#3 07-12-2005 09:43:35

Prizm

Oh, wait--I re-installed it to wwwshadowlitrealms.com/oekakiloft/ and manually uploaded the php files in ASCI mode (whereas in the 1st one I set the ftp to automatically upload them in the propper modes) and I gave the new board a new data base just to be on the safe side and the errors are gone big_smile
I don't see a "global" link atop my screen and the thumbnails aren't thumbnailing though..do you know how I can fix this? "My Oekaki" "Admin" and "Owner" display, but no global or configuration options that I can see.

#4 07-12-2005 09:50:57

Prizm

Nevermind again, "scaled uniformity" under Owner options big_smile It's working great!--I don't see anything titled "Global" though. Should I?

#5 07-12-2005 15:06:33

Waccoon
Administrator

Oops.  I forgot to update the documentation to reflect the new menus.  To me, using "Global" to refer to admin controls seemed kinda odd.

I still might draw a test picture to make sure everything is working.  The file extensions really shouldn't disappear like that.

#6 07-13-2005 11:21:47

Prizm

Thanks--Everything is working great now with the second installation (I'm pretty sure my ftp uploaded the php files in binary mode the first time!) I wish I'd known about your oekaki version before, because this one is the best I've seen so far. I I particularly love the upload feature, and the thumbnails overcome what I found to be a great hinderance to using oekaki's. Now you can have a pagefull of art without waiting forever for it to load! Love it smile

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB