NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 04-14-2007 16:56:48

Kaz

Control Panel Error

Ok my oekaki works fine except for the fact i get the image transfer error whenever it retouches. I checked another thread about this and it said that i should CHMOD the files. But whenever i do i get this error in the Control panel and changing the CHMOD value back to the original still gives the error. I dont know what to do please help!

The control panel itself works perfectly fine, but if i try to save it i get this error:

Warning: fopen(config.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/pikapika/public_html/relay/cpanel.php on line 173

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pikapika/public_html/relay/cpanel.php:173) in /home/pikapika/public_html/relay/globals.php on line 128

Last edited by Kaz (04-14-2007 17:31:55)

#2 04-15-2007 00:12:46

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Control Panel Error

First, let's fix the control panel issue.  This file should be able to fix it if the files still have rename permissions:

Reclaim

If not, you'll have to download the "config.php" and "dbconn.php" files from the server, delete the files from the server, re-upload them, and CHMOD them to 664.

As for the retouch issue, files written by PHP should be rewritable, because the wrapper "file_unlock()" makes sure the old file has been deleted before writing the new one.

To help track this issue down, I have a semi-complete diagnostics screen for Wax Poteto, now:

Permissions

#3 04-15-2007 09:35:27

Kaz

The reclaim file helped to fix my control panel, and now all of the files listed in the perm are listed as OK which is great big_smile i can finally adjust the settings again! Thank you!

However it's still refusing to allow me to retouch my image still by giving the transfer error =/ But i 'think' i might have found why it's not working cause i just did a quick search on your forum and found this topic: http://www.ninechime.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=80 i have the same Java as he/she does but i always draw with OekakiBBS. Is there another Java script i could download instead that would work?

There's also another problem with the image count =/ I set the board to 100 images but when it overwrites it continues to come up with 101,102 instead of resetting to 1 =/

And thank you so much for your time! You've been such a wonderfull help <3

Last edited by Kaz (04-15-2007 09:43:28)

#4 04-15-2007 20:59:45

Waccoon
Administrator

I'm afraid OekakiBBS is broken.  Newer versions of Java don't work with it, and the author is not updating the applet, as far as I know.  It's been officially removed from Wacintaki, and will be removed from Wax 5.6, too.

To continue using OekakiBBS, you'll have to enable the Microsoft Virtual Machine in your web browser, instead of Sun Java.  Microsoft's VM is obsolete, but it's the only one that works with OekakiBBS.  To do this, view this thread

Note that you can use Microsoft VM with Internet Explorer, and still use Sun Java with another web browser, such as Firefox or Opera.

As for the counter issue, I changed the behavior from OekakiPoteto so the image number reflects how many pictures have been posted in total, instead of the number used for the image filename.  When Wax Poteto 5.6 is released, it will behave like Wacintaki, and the indescrepancy in the numbers will be properly fixed.

#5 04-16-2007 10:09:25

Kaz

Is there any way i could still keep OekakiBBS with the new update, as i really dont want to loose it, it doesnt work on this computer but it works fine on my other one and i've been using that to draw with for years (PaintBBS doesnt have the same feel for me =/)

Ah and thank you for those! I've enabled VM and it works fine now big_smile which is great news for me <3. I look forward to the 6.5 update, cept.. loosing OekakiBBS =/

#6 04-21-2007 04:46:37

Waccoon
Administrator

Actually, I'll be doing the same thing with Wax as Wacintaki... the applet won't be distributed with 5.6, but you'll be able to install it seperately (just copy the .JAR file to the server, and it'll work).

In your case, just get the 5.6 patch, and you'll be all set.

No ETA, though.  I've fallen way behind in the coding department.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB