NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 03-18-2007 02:44:51

rainbow

Problem with user logging in.

Hey, Wac. Long time, no chat.

I've got a problem with a decent user who is having trouble logging in to her account. When the user in question tries to log in, all the user gets is a white blank screen and that it doesn't show anything.

Is there any way how this problem can be fixed though?

Just curious.

#2 03-20-2007 05:30:00

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Problem with user logging in.

Is this a recent problem?  Does her member name have any weird characters in it, or strings of punctuation?

#3 03-21-2007 10:25:58

rainbow

Waccoon wrote:

Is this a recent problem?  Does her member name have any weird characters in it, or strings of punctuation?

Yes, but her username does not have any weird characters nor strings or punctuations. The user in question only gets a white blank screen when login into her account.

#4 03-22-2007 04:55:53

Waccoon
Administrator

Hmm...  it's supposed to either redirect to the index after the login, or print something.  If the screen is blank, that might be some kind of redirect or header problem.

Recommend clearing the browser cookies.  Sometimes that can cause redirect issues.

CLEAR COOKIES
-------------
Internet Explorer 6
Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete Cookies

Internet Explorer 7
Tools Button -> Delete Browsing History -> Delete Cookies

Firefox
Tools -> Clear Private Data

Opera
Tools -> Delete Private Data

#5 03-31-2007 23:19:50

rainbow

Waccoon wrote:

Hmm...  it's supposed to either redirect to the index after the login, or print something.  If the screen is blank, that might be some kind of redirect or header problem.

Recommend clearing the browser cookies.  Sometimes that can cause redirect issues.

CLEAR COOKIES
-------------
Internet Explorer 6
Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete Cookies

Internet Explorer 7
Tools Button -> Delete Browsing History -> Delete Cookies

Firefox
Tools -> Clear Private Data

Opera
Tools -> Delete Private Data

Edit: Wac, the user in question tried to clear the cookies, but the user is still getting a white screen when logging in her account.

Last edited by rainbow (03-31-2007 23:26:10)

#6 04-03-2007 04:06:40

Waccoon
Administrator

I assume this is the oekaki, right?  Insomnia Oekaki

When I clicked the "Login" button with an invalid or blank login, I got a plain white screen.  This is not supposed to happen -- a message of some sort is supposed to be returned.  This tells me that the login for the user in question is simply not being accepted, but no error is being returned.

You're using a modified version of Wax Poteto.  I'll need to know what the login section of your "functions.php" file looks like, or you'll have to send me that file so I can track down the issue.  Here's my e-mail

#7 04-08-2007 13:08:38

rainbow

Waccoon wrote:

I assume this is the oekaki, right?  Insomnia Oekaki

When I clicked the "Login" button with an invalid or blank login, I got a plain white screen.  This is not supposed to happen -- a message of some sort is supposed to be returned.  This tells me that the login for the user in question is simply not being accepted, but no error is being returned.

You're using a modified version of Wax Poteto.  I'll need to know what the login section of your "functions.php" file looks like, or you'll have to send me that file so I can track down the issue.  Here's my e-mail

Insomnia Oekaki? Yes.

Alrighty. I'll e-mailed you with the details of the functions.php file. Look into the Login section to see what you can find. I tried to e-mail you twice, but the e-mail did not go through. sad

Last edited by rainbow (04-08-2007 13:09:19)

#8 04-09-2007 04:23:38

Waccoon
Administrator

Well, I got three e-mails, so I guess if your e-mail client says the mails didn't go through, they did.  wink

I didn't see anything changed in the login code at all.  To get a blank screen, though (instead of some kind of message), there has to be something out of place, a redirect error, a cookie error, or something within PHP/MySQL is screwing up and therefore something should be showing up in the PHP error log.

The problem is that if the login is processed, all_done() is called, which sets the cookie and redirects.  If that doesn't work, that might be the cookie or redirect error.  If the login fails, then report_err() is called, and that should print something.  Even if the language file is absent, a boilerplate error will be printed.

Is your "globals.php" file up to date (version 5.5.7)?  That's the only other file included to process the login.  Make sure at the top of that file $cookie_life is defined with a number higher than zero.  If everything looks fine there, I might need to look at that file, too.  The index looks fine.

Other sites on oekakiart.com aren't having problems, so it can't be an issue with FORM submission or filtering.

If worse comes to worse, in the "globlas.php" file try changing this line:

Code:

FROM THIS:

error_reporting (E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);

TO THIS:

error_reporting (E_ALL);

If you still don't get any messages (you should get plenty), change it back.

#9 04-12-2007 17:40:24

rainbow

Waccoon wrote:

Well, I got three e-mails, so I guess if your e-mail client says the mails didn't go through, they did.  wink

I didn't see anything changed in the login code at all.  To get a blank screen, though (instead of some kind of message), there has to be something out of place, a redirect error, a cookie error, or something within PHP/MySQL is screwing up and therefore something should be showing up in the PHP error log.

The problem is that if the login is processed, all_done() is called, which sets the cookie and redirects.  If that doesn't work, that might be the cookie or redirect error.  If the login fails, then report_err() is called, and that should print something.  Even if the language file is absent, a boilerplate error will be printed.

Is your "globals.php" file up to date (version 5.5.7)?  That's the only other file included to process the login.  Make sure at the top of that file $cookie_life is defined with a number higher than zero.  If everything looks fine there, I might need to look at that file, too.  The index looks fine.

Other sites on oekakiart.com aren't having problems, so it can't be an issue with FORM submission or filtering.

If worse comes to worse, in the "globlas.php" file try changing this line:

Code:

FROM THIS:

error_reporting (E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);

TO THIS:

error_reporting (E_ALL);

If you still don't get any messages (you should get plenty), change it back.

I tried to change the error_reporting varable to (E_ALL) and I wound up with these notice messages:

Notice: Undefined index: pageno in /home/rainbow/public_html/index.php on line 15

Notice: Undefined index: sort in /home/rainbow/public_html/index.php on line 16

Notice: Undefined index: artist in /home/rainbow/public_html/index.php on line 17

Notice: Undefined index: mode in /home/rainbow/public_html/index.php on line 18

Notice: Undefined index: a_match in /home/rainbow/public_html/index.php on line 19

Notice: Undefined variable: REMOTE_ADDR in /home/rainbow/public_html/online.php on line 120

Notice: Undefined variable: edittemplate in /home/rainbow/public_html/templates/APW Standard.php on line 4

Notice: Undefined variable: banner_height in /home/rainbow/public_html/header.php on line 126

The cookie life value is higher than zero. It's set at 2,419,200 which means that cookies should retain on your account when you're logged in for 28 days.

#10 04-14-2007 05:10:34

Waccoon
Administrator

OK, I've finally narrowed this down.  By sending various "naughty" data to functions.php, I've found that the report_err() function is not working -- at all -- for any error messages.

This function is located in the common.php file.  If you modified that file, I'll need to look at it.  If you haven't changed that file, this is a redirect error, and I'm not quite sure what's going on.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB