NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 01-17-2007 00:36:10

gd

Total picture count (ID_2) MIA in 1.3.6?

Heya Wac,

Just wanted to let you know that it looks like the index for Wactintaki is using PIC_ID for the picture count instead of ID_2 again, making the number above posts reset based on the preset board limit.

Last edited by gd (01-17-2007 11:22:21)

#2 01-18-2007 02:46:11

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Total picture count (ID_2) MIA in 1.3.6?

This has been a point of confusion for a while.  I switched it to ID_2 in Wacintaki 1.2.x, but that was a hack.  Using PIC_ID is now correct, as of 1.3.x.

In 1.3.0, I changed the database sorting system so the picture count will never reset to zero.  The piccount value is now the total number of pictures, and when the picture limit is reached, clean_picture_slots() will actually remove the oldest images, rather than overwrite pictures with the lowest PIC_ID value.  I just forgot to change the index page back to PIC_ID values after the new sorting code was working.

The problem with your board is that it was an upgrade from OP, and not a fresh install.  If a board is installed "fresh", and not updated from OekakiPoteto, the PIC_ID and ID_2 values should be identical if no pictures are deleted by admins.  Since you're using an upgraded board, though, the piccount was probably reset several times in the past, and the value is going to be much too low.  The proper fix for this is to reset the piccount value to the current ID_2 value in the oekakidta table.  That ensures that the picture filenames will match what's shown on the index page.  It's a bit confusing to have the index page show an image as "[1500]", but the filename is "OP_953.png".  The other solution, of course, is to change the index page, but the image filenames won't match.

I don't have a tool to fix the piccount value, but I can make one for you.  The new sorting system doesn't care what the filenames are or what the current value of piccount is -- it cleans up eveything automatically, now.

#3 01-19-2007 19:30:30

Archaic

If you could please, it'd be a great help. We seem to have had the same issue on the Bulbagarden Oekaki, and it's worried quite a few people.

#4 02-01-2007 23:41:17

gd

Waccoon wrote:

I don't have a tool to fix the piccount value, but I can make one for you.  The new sorting system doesn't care what the filenames are or what the current value of piccount is -- it cleans up eveything automatically, now.

Er, sure! It's mostly a cosmetic thing, so it's not at all pressing, but it'd be wonderful. Thanks!

#5 02-04-2007 02:01:39

Waccoon
Administrator

OK, I updated the counter reset to work with both Wacintaki and Wax Poteto.  Once you run it, you should delete it from the server.

Counter reset

For Wacintaki, it fixes the cosmetic issue with an upgraded board, showing a [roughly] accurate number of total picture posts.

For Wax Poteto, it helps prevent some pictures from being prematurely overwritten if you've recently changed how many pictures the board can store, or if a lot of pictures have been recently deleted (will be properly fixed in Wax 5.6).

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB