NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 01-15-2007 21:23:24

Wish

Problems with the Control Panel in 5.11

Hi! I just upgraded to 5.11, and since then, I haven't been able to use my Control Panel. I readily admit that this may be a completely stupid mistake that I've made.

Here's the error message:

Warning: fopen(dbconn.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /public_html/dofekaki/cpanel.php on line 165

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /public_html/dofekaki/cpanel.php:165) in /public_html/dofekaki/globals.php on line 128

In addition to this, I've had some users report problems with uploading pictures, and when they do upload, they seem to over write other pictures.

This is the error when the upload fails:

Safari can’t open the page “http://theendofdesign.com/dofekaki/functions.php”. The error was: “lost network connection” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1005) Please choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

What madness have I unleashed? smile

-Wish
http://theendofdesign.com/dofekaki

Last edited by Wish (01-15-2007 21:41:13)

#2 01-18-2007 03:04:25

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Problems with the Control Panel in 5.11

First, get this file.  It'll be in Wax 5.6 by default, but for now it has to be installed seperately:

Permissions

This will show you if there are any unwritable files.  It appears that your database config file is locked, and that has to be fixed by changing its CHMOD number from within an FTP client.  There might be more files that are unwritable, though.

Once we know which files are having trouble, I'll walk you through how to fix them.  In short, the affected PHP files should be CHMOD to 664, and folders should be 775.

In addition to this, I've had some users report problems with uploading pictures, and when they do upload, they seem to over write other pictures.

I really hate this problem, and it's a leftover issue from OekakiPoteto.  Pictures tend to get deleted out-of-order because they don't sort by date.  I have an early version of 5.6 that fixes this problem, but it's not yet ready for release.

A temporary fix is here, which will adjust the picture counter so it won't conflict with other pictures:

Reset picture counter

5.6 is going to be a very important update.

#3 01-18-2007 22:43:42

Wish

Re: Problems with the Control Panel in 5.11

Thanks! I found the file that had its permissions set too low and rant the reset file. Everything seems to be working again! Thanks so much for the reply, I appreciate you taking the time to help out your users!

-Wish

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB