NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 12-20-2006 20:10:27

Lawl

Image Data Transfer Error

I get the feeling I probably messed up something really obvious, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. xD

Anyways, whenever somebody tries to send a picture, an error pops up saying "Transfer Error," or "Image Data Transfer Error." This happens with every applet.

Here is a lovely screenshot garunteed to make your day:

http://sketchylogic.com/images/oekaki-error.jpg

Also, avatars cannot be uploaded. This error is recieved when somebody tries:
~
Warning: fopen(http://sketchylogic.com/oekaki/avatars/ … b42c09.gif) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections. in /home/pinkie1/domains/sketchylogic.com/public_html/oekaki/edit_avatar.php on line 115
File did not upload properly. Try again.

Try again.
~
And here is the amazing oekaki of your dreams:

http://sketchylogic.com/oekaki/

So, anybody know what's up? Any help is greatly appreciated. =D And happy holidays!

Last edited by Lawl (12-20-2006 20:27:53)

#2 12-22-2006 03:42:38

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Image Data Transfer Error

HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections.

Hmm... I think your server uses some screwball security policy.  I don't use any HTTP wrappers in the code.

Wax Poteto will try to create its working files and directories automatically, such as the avatars folder and the ban list.  Sometimes, that doesn't work as expected if the server has a non-standard security policy, and you will have to manually change the permissions of the files.

In your FTP program, change the security numbers (CHMOD) to this:

Code:

775:
/avatars
/templates
/pictures

664:
announce.php
banner.php
config.php
dbconn.php
hosts.txt
ips.txt
notice.php

You might have to play around with the numbers to find out what your server wants.  I'm currently working on porting my Wacintaki diagnostics to Wax Poteto.  If you don't have any luck with changing the numbers, I'll get that to you ASAP so we can find out just what is not writable.

#3 12-25-2006 16:28:14

Lawl

"Hmm... I think your server uses some screwball security policy.  I don't use any HTTP wrappers in the code."

I wouldn't be suprised. It has been a little weird since the start.

Alright! Thanks for the advice! I'll get working on that and get back soon. smile Again, thanks very much.

#4 12-30-2006 22:30:14

Lawl

It seems that I'm not able to chmod files to 664. However, 775 worked fine. Anyone have any ideas why? =0

#5 12-31-2006 05:03:52

Waccoon
Administrator

Some servers won't let you change the CHMOD numbers of files you didn't create yourself.  Copy the files to your computer, then delete them from the server.  Then, re-upload them and try to CHMOD them.

If you can't delete the files at all, I'll have to give you a script to do it.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB