NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 06-25-2005 17:33:10

kinohi

500 Internal Server Error

Help!  I've gone through the installation step by step, but when I try to go to install.php, I get a 500 Internal Server Error:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@pineapplestew.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This is a fresh install of Wacintaki Poteto 1.2.0 and I have it at wwwpineapplestew.com/artboard/install.php

I've read the troubleshooting section and changed the permissions, but nothing works.  What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by kinohi (06-25-2005 20:11:17)

#2 06-26-2005 00:41:03

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: 500 Internal Server Error

Does this happen when you try to view the installer, or only after you submit the installer info?  I didn't have a problem viewing the installer.

500 Errors can be difficult to solve unless you have access to the server log (for security reasons, the exact error is written to the log but not printed on the screen).

For PHP scripts, it commonly occurs because the security permissions for the folder are too low.  755 is the default, 777 often returns an error.  If you're sure the oekaki folder is CHMOD to 755, and you're buying space from someone else, look in your website control panel for something related to "error logs."  If this is your own server, look for "/logs/error.log" in your Apache server folder and take a look at the latest entries.

#3 06-27-2005 01:28:12

kinohi

Re: 500 Internal Server Error

Thank you so much!  I don't know how to explain it as I kept getting the error over and over.  After I read your post today, I went to try again, and the install page came up.  I was dumbfounded.  It's working great!  Thanks again for your time!  ^_^

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB