NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 10-17-2006 11:00:21

bakaneko

Help please. :D

"Before you put your oekaki online, set up your MySQL server. If you own the server, you should know how to do this. If someone is hosting you, ask them politely to do it for you. You'll need the name of the database, a database username, and the database password. Be sure to write these down. "

I've reached this part of installing a wax oekaki, but I'm stuck. How would I do this? D|

#2 10-18-2006 03:19:26

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Help please. :D

The procedure varies depending on the host server.  While the server tools are pretty similar in organization these days, almost every server uses different software.

Where are you being hosed, and is it free or a pay site?

Most hosts give you an account login, and when you log in, you'll be presented with a control panel to manage your site, which includes FTP logins, bandwidth usage, error logs, and other statistics.  Somewhere in there, there should be an option to manage databases.  You'll have to find that section.

Once you're there, you'll usually be presented with two database types:  MySQL and PostgreSQL.  You'll need a MySQL database.

Once you create a database, a dedicated user and password login is required to access the database.  Some free hosts only allow you one database, so your server login and password are used.  In other cases, you can create the user and password yourself (and making them different than your server login is a good idea).

The database host name is set by the server.  In 90% of cases, it is "localhost".  If it is not, the database section will let you know what it is.

#3 10-18-2006 11:57:46

bakaneko

I'm using funpic. big_smile

#4 10-19-2006 03:01:47

Waccoon
Administrator

In the FunPic user panel, there is an option to enable a database.  You cannot create a dedicated database name -- you may only turn it on and accept whatever name it gives you.  Once you've enabled the database, it will tell you what the name is to be entered into the installer.

In the Wax installer, the database username and password are the same as your FunPic user panel name and password.  The host is "localhost" (one word, all lower-case).

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB