NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 10-13-2006 16:04:19

Bunga

Slowly page loading

Hi,

since i installed Wacintaki (a long time ago) my oekaki is running really slowly. Now i updated to Wacintaki 1.3.4 but the slow loading goes on.
I found this thread http://www.ninechime.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=41 but my os is Suse Linux and all other projects on my server (boards, gallerys, websites) are running really fast an normal.
What could this be?

My Oekaki: http://www.oekakiboard.de/

Last edited by Bunga (10-13-2006 16:05:09)

#2 10-14-2006 23:58:36

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Slowly page loading

The slowdowns I've experience are only on Windows servers, presumably due to issues with how Apache was ported (other Win32 servers don't seem to have any issues).

Based on the load times I've seen for different pages, the bottleneck is somewhere in "header.php".  I find that a little strange, though, as the only loop in there is the one that checks and cleans out safety saves, and the only count that could take a long time would be the registration filter.  That would hardly result in the 30-50 second load times I've experienced.  The ban list, online count, mailbox, chat room, language, and templates cannot be the problem, as they are either not processed on your board, or are handled by "boot.php", which is not having the slowdown problem.

Before I blame this on your database (yeah, why not?), go into the Wacintaki control panel, and make set "Allow Safety Saves" to No.  See if that helps (it won't delete existing safety saves).  If that doesn't do anything, check how many safety saves you have, to verify that they are being cleaned out within 10 days (or whatever you have set).

Though it's not the source of the slowdowns, there are also files in the resource folder that are locked.  Make sure that from within an FTP client, all these files are CHMOD to 664:  "banner.php", "hosts.txt", "ips.txt", "notice.php", "rules.php".

If worse comes to worse, I can give you a special "header.php" which has benchmark tags in it, so we can narrow down where the bottleneck is.

#3 10-15-2006 15:13:46

Bunga

ok, banner.php", "hosts.txt", "ips.txt", "notice.php", "rules.php" are on chmod 664, mailbox is offline, maximum savety save are 10 (as before). The  Board is still loading slowly.
Check it out!

#4 10-17-2006 03:09:36

Waccoon
Administrator

Here's a version of the header with benchmark points.  Make sure you are logged in as the owner when you view the board, as only the owner will see the benchmark numbers.

header file

Copy/paste the numbers to this forum, and that'll give me an idea of what is slowing the board down.  I find this a little odd.

#5 10-17-2006 12:13:03

Bunga

start, kill_user: 0.1334 --- kill_reg: 0.1335 --- ss_cleanup: 12.233 --- Online: 12.236 --- Pending: 12.237 --- Mail: 12.238 --- Banner: 12.239 ---
EndHeader: 12.239 ---

#6 10-18-2006 03:50:39

Waccoon
Administrator

The script is having trouble flushing the registration list.  Normally, if people don't activate their registrations via e-mail within 15 days, they are automatically rejected.

The pending account "Lil Dragon" is causing the problem.  That account is dated back to 2004 (?!), and should be manually deleted.  Do this by going to the "View Pending" menu.  Don't send a reason when deleting the account, or the delete may not work.

This is a bug in Wacintaki.  It will be properly fixed in 1.3.5.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

BTW, your resource folder is still locked.  Even if the files are set properly, they still won't be writable if the folder is locked.  The files should be fine, but the folder itself should be CHMOD to 775.  You can test which files are set properly by viewing "testinfo.php".  Note that you must be logged in as the owner to see everything on that page.

#7 10-18-2006 12:58:30

Bunga

Waccoon wrote:

The script is having trouble flushing the registration list.  Normally, if people don't activate their registrations via e-mail within 15 days, they are automatically rejected.

The pending account "Lil Dragon" is causing the problem.  That account is dated back to 2004 (?!), and should be manually deleted.  Do this by going to the "View Pending" menu.  Don't send a reason when deleting the account, or the delete may not work.

This is a bug in Wacintaki.  It will be properly fixed in 1.3.5.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

BTW, your resource folder is still locked.  Even if the files are set properly, they still won't be writable if the folder is locked.  The files should be fine, but the folder itself should be CHMOD to 775.  You can test which files are set properly by viewing "testinfo.php".  Note that you must be logged in as the owner to see everything on that page.

Wow! That works smile
I deleted the user and now already is running fast. Big Thanks!

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB