NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 10-08-2006 12:10:34

Kou

I NEED HELP MAKING AN OEKAKI. WACCOON HELP ME!

I really don't get how you make an oekaki. I downloaded like all the things but not the patches.

I like Pickles. =3

#2 10-08-2006 13:06:48

sachiel

Re: I NEED HELP MAKING AN OEKAKI. WACCOON HELP ME!

http://www.hokuten.net/howkaki/contents.php?page=-1

Have you considered looking for a tutorial? D:

#3 10-08-2006 23:11:16

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: I NEED HELP MAKING AN OEKAKI. WACCOON HELP ME!

From the Hokuten.net tutorial:

Is it worth the trouble? Setting up an oekaki involves many requirements: web space, bandwidth, databases, etc.. It also consumes a lot of your time. You must have the capacity to maintain the oekaki in what would otherwise be your leisure time. Unless you find web-design or programming fun, setting up an oekaki is probably not for you. Not everyone can commit to monitoring their oekaki for new visitors, welcoming them, keeping the board alive, and, most importantly, installing it in the first place.

First, you need to have a host server for the board, which supports both MySQL and PHP.  If you don't have one in mind, you'll need to find one.  You also need an FTP client, and basic knowledge on how to use it.

If you downloaded the Wacintaki archive, there's a manual in the documentation folder that includes a newbie guide.  It has some important information on how this stuff works, and where to get the tools you need (such as the FTP client).

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB