NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 10-01-2006 05:32:27

Nikki Aino

Installation won't proceed

I was hoping someone would be able to help me with the following problem;

I have uploaded all the files to the host, and followed the exact instructions from the'How to get your Oekaki up and Running!' For Newbs topic.
When I click "run the installer", it shows up perfectly fine.
I fill out the entire thing, which I'm not quite sure of if everything is correct (because, let's face it, I'm a newb), but when I click the  "submit" button at the bottom of the page, I don't proceed to another/next page, but the page just seems to refresh.
Could this be because I didn't fill out something correctly, or because something else is wrong?

If you could help me, I'd be very grateful! Thank you!

EDIT: This is a fresh install of Wacintaki Poteto 1.3.4. The website I use for hosting is http://nikkiaino.ni.funpic.org/

Last edited by Nikki Aino (10-01-2006 05:44:07)

#2 10-01-2006 15:58:22

Sadil

Re: Installation won't proceed

Hmm... It does indeed refresh the page. Try re-uploading your files, maybe the upload crapped out somewhere?

#3 10-02-2006 14:07:10

Nikki Aino

Sadil, I tried your suggestion, but I'm afraid it didn't help me. Thank you anyway for trying!
I've tried re-uploading, a freshly downloaded version, with both SmartFTP (the application I first used) and CoreFTP, to make sure it wasn't the application that caused the problems.

So, I hope someone has some other solutions I could try out!

#4 10-02-2006 17:25:14

siliconsara

I don't know how Wacoon has this set up, but perhaps the install script dumped the table schema and starting data (or whatever you call it) into your database and it just refreshes the page upon completing that.  If there were errors, the script would of told you methinks.

Have you tried deleting your install file only and see what happens?

#5 10-04-2006 03:31:14

Waccoon
Administrator

Hmm...  I did a submit trace, and all the information seems to be sent to the server properly, but it just won't process anything.

I made a change to the installer.  Try this one and see if it works.

#6 10-04-2006 04:27:12

Hound

I think you may have got the data base name wrong..
I got the same thing way back when my oekaki started.. (three weeks ago xD)
Mmmm, maybe the database pass was wrong...
But for total recall, re-upload the files!

#7 10-04-2006 11:40:10

Sadil

Hound wrote:

I think you may have got the data base name wrong..
I got the same thing way back when my oekaki started.. (three weeks ago xD)
Mmmm, maybe the database pass was wrong...
But for total recall, re-upload the files!

It will give an error if that's the case - i.e. if a required field is empty, it'll give you an error. All their script does however is refresh the page, not giving an error when there should be one. ^^; I suggested a re-upload before and it didn't help either...

I think Waccoon fixed it now though.

#8 10-10-2006 20:00:42

Paper Pirate

I'm actually having the exact same problem too.  I used the same tutorial, and the page just doesn't seem to be doing anything.  I've tried putting in the new installer, but that doesn't seem to have done anything either.  If someone could figure out how to fix this, I would be really grateful.

#9 10-12-2006 05:13:36

Waccoon
Administrator

Just a hunch:  try installing the board but leaving the "Title" and "Author Name" fields blank.  You can update them later in the control panel.

If the installer just refreshes but doesn't seem to do anything, submitted information is somehow getting lost.  This is sometimes caused by a word filter or some other security measure on the server.

#10 10-13-2006 22:10:21

Sweetbriar

I'm having the same problem. I tried all of the suggestions but to no avail.... (re-upload files, new installer, leaving fields blank, etc...)

#11 10-14-2006 10:12:57

Kia

Glad i;m not the only one ;__;

#12 10-15-2006 00:23:29

Waccoon
Administrator

Did you guys try that new installer?  I made another change to it today.

Installer for 1.3.5

If this doesn't work (small change to POST data), chances are the server is just ignoring the submissions, because it works fine on my server as well as my test machine at home.  sad

#13 10-15-2006 07:19:31

Kia

I was thinking that since almost all of us use funpic.

#14 10-17-2006 02:55:35

Waccoon
Administrator

Yes, problems with FunPic are piling up.  However, the installer itself should work fine if there are no keywords being flagged by the server as spam.

I sure hope words like "localhost" aren't being filtered.  That would make it impossible to install forums and stuff on their servers, and they supposedly allow PHP scripts to access mySQL databases.

This bums me out.  FunPic was a really good host for a while.  sad

#15 10-18-2006 15:25:37

Kia

You can't register anymore on windows. It never sends a verification window and now the ads are full page pop ups on index pages. You can install with localhost. I tested with phpBB.

I've tried all the new files but it won't install hmm

#16 10-19-2006 02:58:19

Waccoon
Administrator

Yeah, this is a filtering problem, and not a POST data problem.  Unless FunPic changes their filtering list, I don't think there's anything I can do.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB