NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 09-24-2006 18:29:03

Sadil

ptype JPG instead of PNG

Wow, sorry if I'm a bother with so many bug reports/questions.... But I noticed that something got messed up. I -think- it happened when I tried out new thumbnail modes.

Basically, what happened is that the ptype in the database changed to jpg instead of png. It messed up my board because the full view would give you the thumbnail, not the actual full sized picture.

I'm fixing this by manually editing quite a lot of database entries and changing the ptype. It works, I guess, but I'm still baffled how it happened... I don't really understand the thumbnail mode anyway. tongue

#2 09-25-2006 00:46:28

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: ptype JPG instead of PNG

It happened when switching modes in the control panel?

If this happens again, or if you want to make sure all the types have been reset properly, use the "fixtypes.php" script in the documentation folder.  Type mismatches have been a problem when updating the board until v1.3.4, but I've never seen this happen with a thumbnail type change.

In general, changing the thumbnail type is troublesome, as it's very taxing on the server, and may not finish properly.  Sometimes the script is just cut short due to time limits, and sometimes the server just shuts the script down because it is using too much CPU time.  There are better, failsafe ways to do it, but I haven't gotten around to redoing it.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB