NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 09-08-2006 09:48:04

Pinkie

WP > Wacintaki

I haven't ever looked at the db structure of Wacintaki. Is there any possibility to convert from WP to wacintaki without losing members? I don't mind dropping all the tables for pictures, etc. It's just that I don't want all the members having to re-register.

So.... if I do the following:

At home:
a) install both WP and Wac on my lovely loyal home apache
b) view the structure of the db

On the oekaki server:
1) back up everything -- duh!
2) create new folder to store all of the latest Wac files and temporarily close down my oekakis
3) manually configue the config / bdfile to connect to the OLD WP db [op_], CHMOD everything, blah blah....
4) see what errors I get tongue and re-do the structure of the field in the memberlist (oekaktdata? or whatever it's called -- I know where to find it anyways)
5) delete all the other tables and re-insert them with the same rows and structure as in point "a)"

Just wondering.... will that work? Have I missed out anything that is absolutely crucial?

#2 09-09-2006 09:22:58

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: WP > Wacintaki

If you have a backup of everything, you should be able to do a regular update.  Updating from Wax Poteto is almost identical to OekakiPoteto, except you have to copy your banner.php file to the resource folder on top of all the other files (update directions are in the readme of the distribution).

Basicly, you copy the Wacintaki files over the Wax Poteto files, move the appropriate files into the resource folder, and run the updater.  It might complain about the avatar field already existing in the database, but you may ignore that.

#3 09-10-2006 05:44:50

Pinkie

Re: WP > Wacintaki

Thanks, I'll try that out.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB