NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 09-01-2006 13:58:51

trotsy

umm, help?

I am trying to make an oekaki and I know how but I can't do it I have a web space, I've downloaded all the oekaki thingys and I installed winzip, what can I do:/ uhh this is waxy potatoy!!!^^

Last edited by trotsy (09-01-2006 21:54:46)

Hi, my name is.... who knows what! I like pie and stuff

#2 09-02-2006 22:30:17

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: umm, help?

Assuming you already have an FTP program, installing the board is pretty easy.  You just copy the files into place on the server, change the permissions of the templates folder, and run the installer.  The intstaller is long, but has directions for most required information.  Just make sure the "URL to OekakiPoteto" is correct in the installer.  For more info, check out the "Install Instructions" sticky thread at the top of this forum.

If you don't have an FTP program, you'll have to get one.  Free, easy-to-use FTP programs aren't that numerous.  FTP Explorer is the easiest to use, but it does crash a lot.  CoffeCup looks pretty good, but I haven't tried it, as it's technically a "trial" version.  I'd start with FileZilla.  If you have trouble with it, try FTP Explorer.
FileZilla - (Windows, Free)
CoffeCup FTP - (Windows, Free)
CoreFTP - (Windows, Free)
FTP Explorer - (Windows, Shareware)
SmartFTP - (Windows, Commercial)
WS_FTP - (Windows, Commercial)

Next, you'll have to set up a database.  How this is done depends on where you're having your oekaki hosted, since every site is a bit different.  Most hosts offer a server control panel where you can set it up, and get the four bits of information you need for the installer:  the database host (usually "localhost"), the db name, db user, and db password.

Where is your web space?  There's usually a help page that tells you how to set up databases.

#3 09-04-2006 14:34:55

trotsy

well ok, but I read the instructions but I don't get them and when I try and login in to my ftp account place thingy( ftp://www.foxyroxxy.fo.funpic.org ) it won't let me,... I tried everything and I can do it:(

#4 09-07-2006 04:24:26

Waccoon
Administrator

The new FunPic control panel requires you to activate your FTP account and set a password before you can use it.  FunPic FTP accounts cannot use the same password as your regular FunPic login.

Once you've enabled the FTP account, you have to enter the information into the FTP program.  Generally, you don't have to use "ftp://" or "www" in the address.

Most programs should accept information like this:

Code:

HOST ADDRESS:   foxyroxxy.fo.funpic.org
USER NAME:      foxyroxxy
SITE PASSWORD:  *****
PORT:           21     - (The default FTP port is 21)
LOGIN TYPE:     Normal - (as opposed to anonymous or double)

FunPic requires you to activate your database, and assign a password (I believe a database username is made automatically).  Write down all the information FunPic shows you.  It should end up being something like this:

Code:

DB HOST:  localhost
DB NAME:  foxyroxxy_01
DB USER:  foxyroxxy_01
DB PASS:  *****

If you're really stuck, I can install the board for you.  It's a good idea to know how to log in with FTP and stuff, though, since that's how you maintain web pages.  FTP is a very important tool.

BTW, "FTP" stands for "File Transfer Protocol", and is how files are transferred to and from web servers.  Databases are programs that store and supply specific information, usually to other programs.

#5 09-10-2006 18:51:25

trotsy

well im pretty stuck but yeah, could you please? I know im retarted:( and you guys are soo nice compared to oekakiart, they didn't accept my apllication cuz like they acused me of art-theft when i drew those pics mad so i put them in their place>big_smile
as i was sayin, THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU sooooooooooooooo MUCH^_~

Last edited by trotsy (09-10-2006 18:53:33)

#6 09-12-2006 03:38:03

Waccoon
Administrator

Sure.  Here's my e-mail address.  I'll need the following information:

FUNPIC:
- Your FunPic password.
- What you want your database/FTP password to be (must be different than FunPic password).

OEKAKI:
- Wacintkai or Wax Poteto.  Wacintaki has a lot more features, but with Wax Poteto, making custom templates is easier.
- Name of the oekaki board
- The name/password you want for your owner account.

#7 09-12-2006 19:33:48

trotsy

umm ok, check your email:3

#8 10-08-2006 00:35:55

Kou

I'm making an oekaki Trotsy and I need somebody to do it for me.

I like Pickles. =3

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB