NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 08-31-2006 13:04:49

bakaneko

HELP PLEASE :0

Okay.

I was sposed to be getting an oekaki with Evaluv, but she bailed out at the last minute because of school.

Ive been trying to set it up for almost 2 hours now, and Im still no further to getting one.

Could you please give me steps I can understand? When people talk about the "php" and stuff, my mind goes blank v.v

The oekaki means alot to me, and if you could help, I would be really grateful. big_smile

If you need my funpic details or anything.. Ill give them big_smile

#2 09-01-2006 04:59:14

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: HELP PLEASE :0

The hard part about FunPic is that their database activation is pretty non-standard.  SiliconSara has a picture tutorial for activating the database.  Note that this page contains the information you'll need to put into the installer, so write that stuff down.  The password for the database will be the same as your FunPic password.

Make sure you have an FTP program.  If you don't, you'll have to get one.  In the ZIP file, there is a folder called documentation, which contains the manual.  In the manual, there is a list of free/shareware FTP programs.

Wacintaki is easier to install than Wax Poteto.  From the ZIP file, copy the entire contents of the "oekaki" folder to your server with the FTP program.  If you copy all the files directly to the root of your account, people will see your oekaki when they visit your main FunPic page.  If you want the oekaki to be in a subfolder (example:  "mysite.funpic.org/oekaki/"), you will have to create a folder and then copy all the files into that new folder.

Once you've copied the files, you need to change the permissions of the templates folder so it is writable.  From within the FTP program, right-click the templates folder on the server and choose "Change Permissions", or something similar.  Change the number to 775, or so that "Group" has the "Write" permission.

Go to your web browser, and view the board.  It will redirect you to the installer.  You must enter your database information, as seen on the FunPic database activation screen.

The rest of the installer should be pretty straightforward, but make sure the "URL to OekakiPoteto" field is correct before you click Submit.  This field should match what is shown in your web browser address bar, minus the "install.php" at the end.

If you run into problems, I can install it for you with your FunPic login information, but it's helpful to know this stuff, especially what your database information is.

#3 09-01-2006 05:10:00

bakaneko

I dont think I have FTP programs, and, before I came to you I tried a different explanation, and downloaded winzip so all my files are messed up (or they seem it to me)

Also, when I was opening the files, some of them had pictures in them, like, from various oekakis. Is that supposed to happen?

I'll send you my details just incase ^^;;

#4 09-02-2006 20:29:29

Waccoon
Administrator

Got the info.  I'll look into it, shortly.  smile

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB