NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 08-28-2006 13:05:11

Kia

changed password - shared member database.. HELP!

I have a doodle board so I put it on the same meber thing as my oekaki, and then I changed my password and I can't get in!

Please, tell me theirs some way to fix this, im on the owner account so... O_O

I can't reset my password -whimper-

#2 08-29-2006 04:45:02

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: changed password - shared member database.. HELP!

1) Clear browser cookies.  Sometimes when a password is changed, the old cookie isn't cleared out.  The password reset doesn't work correctly if a cookie is left over.

2) Do you still show up as an owner in the memberlist and FAQ?  If not, use the "flagrestore.php" script in the documentation folder of the archive.  Note that you have to modify the file for it to work (just insert your name).  If you ARE showing as an owner, leave it alone.

What is this doodle board?  Is it compatible in some way with OekakiPoteto?

#3 08-29-2006 09:40:35

Kia

It has the same member database. and I don't have any idea how to do any of the things you just said.

e-mail me with your yahoo account please? Can I give you the login info for the ftp and database? Both are wax potetos. Just with the same member prefix.

#4 08-29-2006 09:42:03

Kia

oh yes

e-mail: evaluvoekaki@yahoo.com

the doodle board is also a wax poteto. just so that people don't spam the main board.

im still showing as owner. It's just because theirs 2 oekakis sharing one member thing, when I changed my password on 1 it didn't change on the other. so now i can't use either because i guess it doesn't know what to do

Last edited by Kia (08-29-2006 09:43:30)

#5 08-30-2006 07:19:07

Waccoon
Administrator

Ah, I actually remember setting up this board, so I checked it out with the info I had on file.

The two boards are installed just fine, though they were different versions.  I patched the original board to Wax 5.5.11, retaining your new meta tags and footer.  As far as I can tell, the boards are working normally, and your new password is in effect.

I'm afraid the password change was sort-of broken in Wax 5.5.9, as it didn't clear old cookies properly before setting new ones.  That's why the board is still trying to use your old login.  So, you'll have to clear your cookies before you can log in again.  To do that...

Internet Explorer
Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete Cookies

Firefox
Tools -> Clear Private Data

Opera
Tools -> Delete Private Data

If you STILL can't log in, you'll have to e-mail me your new password, and I'll log in.  That saves the bother of setting yet another new password that you might have to change later.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB