NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-22-2006 13:21:54

Nullig

Animation Problems

Are there limits to the animation files, other than file size?

A number of our users have had their animations disappear when they've drawn large pics over a number of days.
We've given the animation files a 2meg limit, which I figured would be sufficient. It appears that the size may not be the only limitation, though. Is there a "time" based limit on the animations?

The maximum pic size on our site is 1048x1048.
The maximum animation filesize is 2000000.
The maximum upload size is 1000000.

Nullig

#2 07-23-2006 06:04:05

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Animation Problems

There are no specific limits that disable animations, other than the size of the data received from the applets.

How common is this problem?  Do you know if it affects all the applets, or just one?

#3 07-23-2006 12:20:11

Nullig

Re: Animation Problems

It seems to be fairly common on larger images or ones that have taken a longer time to draw. It appears that the pch file is not saved. Everyone mostly uses shi-painter, so I don't know if it's happening in the other apps.

At first, I though it might have been a file size problem, so I upped the allowable size to try to accomodate them, but it's still happening.

I'm wondering if it is a java "timeout" problem, where, if you leave the app running with no drawing activity for a while, it stops recording to the pch file. Since I don't know the internals of the shi-painter program itself, I'm not sure where the problem might lie.

Nullig

Last edited by Nullig (07-23-2006 12:29:48)

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB