NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-07-2006 20:43:23

rainbow

Members cannot logout due to invalid account.

I'm getting complaints from members that they cannot logout of their invalid account when they receive the "Please logout. This is a invalid account." error message after the database on my oekaki was restored. I'm guessing that something could be wrong with the browser or the PHP coding as it appeasr that they might getting the error message, "A error occured. Please try again".

I know for a fact that some schools won't even let them clear their cache on the computers that they use and if their cookies get corrupt, this creates a serious problem.

Waccoon, are they any other possible ways to solve this "Please logout. This is a invalid account." error message, if something won't even let them even clear their cookies at all? It's unfortunate that many members can't seem to solve this problem.

Last edited by rainbow (07-07-2006 21:01:11)

#2 07-08-2006 17:13:46

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Members cannot logout due to invalid account.

I'm re-arranging functions.php so login/logout is handled before cookies are read.  This should prvent any kind of corrupt/invalid cookie error from interfering with a logout.

#3 07-08-2006 19:02:30

rainbow

Okay. If you have a fixed version of the functions.php file, please let me know, because my members who have to re-register for my oekaki can't logout at all.

#4 07-08-2006 19:27:21

Waccoon
Administrator

Try this one out.  functions.php

#5 07-08-2006 21:55:32

rainbow

Waccoon wrote:

Try this one out.  functions.php

Thank you. Members should log out of their invalid accounts and re-register for my oekaki again. ^^

If they still have problems, I'll let you know. wink

#6 07-09-2006 18:13:22

Waccoon
Administrator

Re-register?  Why is that?

If you need to make backups of the memberlist, I have a tool for that.

#7 07-09-2006 22:15:35

rainbow

Waccoon wrote:

Re-register?  Why is that?

If you need to make backups of the memberlist, I have a tool for that.

That would be a good idea. Can you provide me the link to the tool that is used to backup and restore mySQL databases?

Re-registering was necessary for most of my affected members, because of the mishap that occured at the mySQL database at the end of last month.

#8 07-10-2006 04:32:11

Waccoon
Administrator

MBackup is at the bottom of the products page.

Usage is pretty simple, though you do have to edit the script to set a password for the script, and you need to make a hidden folder for your backup.  Once you make a backup, download the file to your computer and delete it from the server.  I still have to make a download option, which is more secure.

What's important about MBackup (as opposed to a database backup), is that MBackup supports partial imports.  So, instead of wiping out the database before the import, you have the option of adding only missing entries.  That's useful for adding names to a board that's already been installed for a while, or joining more than one board.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB