NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 05-13-2005 17:39:17

Kahami

Having trouble installing/getting logged in...

Basically whats going on is this: when I try to log into my oekaki board that I got from here, it wont log me in. Its an access denied thing. So, I have no clue what to do. If you could lend a hand, please AIM me or my friend:

My friend Darcshadow's MSN: wiccanwolfie@hotmail.com
My MSN: x_Kahami_x@hotmail.com
My friends AIM: BlackenedMindDRW
My AIM: FSKuro
My YIM: Nowakiryuu

If you help me, Ill give you a poptart! ^_^; [::] Thanks!

#2 05-14-2005 04:35:26

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Having trouble installing/getting logged in...

Sorry, I don't use instant messengers for several reasons.  If you don't want to give out a URL to your board publicly, you can e-mail me at waccoon@ninechime.com.

Logins are managed with cookies.  Most likely the problem is that you'll have to clear the cookies in your web browser, or you mis-typed your admin account or password.  To clear browser cookies (with IE) go to the Tools menu, then Internet Options, then Delete Cookies.  It's also possible that cookie-blocking software may prevent you from logging on.

#3 05-14-2005 10:14:35

Kahami

Its ok! My Oekaki site is: paganpanther.furtopia.org/O/oekaki
I dont know if its my cookies thingy, but if you could help, I would appericate it! ^_^ Thanks Waccoon!

#4 05-14-2005 19:15:17

Waccoon
Administrator

Your SQL database is corrupt.  There's supposed to be a field for user flags, but it's missing.

Upload {removed} and run it.  This will let you log in, and hopefully, your existing pictures will show up.  WARNING:  this file will only work for PaganPanther Oekaki!  Nobody else should use it!

If no pictures show up on the index page, then your board is likely corrupt beyond repair and you should definately re-install it.  To do that, upload the install.php file from the Wax Poteto distro to your server, view it, and at the very bottom of the page, click "Click here to remove the database! All information WILL be lost without confirmation!!".  Then, re-install like you would a new Wax Poteto.

I highly recommend getting the new 5.5.0 before you re-install, though.  5.4.7 has a major bug with default templates (shame on me).

#5 05-20-2005 15:32:04

Kahami

Hello again! Im gaving trouble installing my oekaki board again, my friends FTP thingy wont CHMOD, according to him. If I e mail you my FTP info, could you possably do an install for me, waccoon? -looks up with huuuge innosent eyes- I would forever be grateful!

-Kahami

#6 05-22-2005 00:45:45

Waccoon
Administrator

I'm not totally sure how CHMODing works on Windows via FTP clients.  I think you have to do it through the shell, or it might depend on what FTP service you're running.  Still, permissions aren't that big a deal under Windows if you're not running a shell-based script.  PHP is an application-based scripting engine and has its own internal security system.

I think all we really have to do is re-install the board to repair the database.  I'd have no problem doing that for you if you like.

#7 05-22-2005 13:13:24

Kahami

Thanks waccoon! Ill e mail the stuffs to ya. ^_~

#8 05-24-2005 07:46:38

Schwepsi

Kahami wrote:

Hello again! Im gaving trouble installing my oekaki board again, my friends FTP thingy wont CHMOD, according to him. If I e mail you my FTP info, could you possably do an install for me, waccoon? -looks up with huuuge innosent eyes- I would forever be grateful!

-Kahami

I had the same problems. This often happens if files were created with php and not were uploaded. In this case copy the file on your PC, then delete on the webspaace and upload the file again. Now you can CHMOD it.

#9 05-25-2005 04:28:00

Waccoon
Administrator

Interesting.  Servers can handle security very differently and it can be a real pain making an installer that works for everyone.  I'll keep this in mind.

#10 05-25-2005 16:23:55

Kahami

I have a question...my friend darcshadow wound up deleting my old "Pictures" folder from my site, do you think theres a way to get it back? Also, how can I get "Paintchat"?

#11 05-27-2005 05:21:28

Waccoon
Administrator

If the pictures folder was deleted from the shell or FTP, I'm afraid it's gone for good.

Paintchat requires that your server allow a background process, and access to Java.  Most free sites and even some pay sites (like mine) don't allow that.  It's also VERY heavy on system resources so most web hosts won't like it even if they will allow you to set up your server that way.

Here's a bit of info.  Monkeygirl has removed the directions for installing PaintChat from her website, but I have a copy of them I can post seperately for you.

#12 06-03-2005 15:10:35

kimonostereo

Hey Waccoon! Can you please email me the instructions on how to install and setup paintchat?

thanks!

#13 06-04-2005 04:21:10

Waccoon
Administrator

Will do.

#14 02-28-2006 11:32:22

A Rurouni

Hmm... Waccoon, I know that I'm new here, but can you pass to my e-mail (rurouni26@gmail.com) too that tutorial on how to set a paintchat server?

#15 02-28-2006 16:33:54

sfox8

o.o i wouldn't mind the tutorial instructions too if its not too much ^^ =3

#16 02-28-2006 17:56:07

Max

Me too because I need one bad Wacoon!

#17 03-04-2006 06:02:07

Waccoon
Administrator

'K, I mailed those off.  For legal reasons, I don't want to post the information here, but if anyone wants the PaintChat install directions, just send me an e-mail.

Keep in mind that installing PaintChat is much more involved than setting up an oekaki.  You need shell access to your server, and you must be able to run Java programs on the server, which all free ISPs I know of do not allow.

#18 10-17-2008 04:27:06

TD

Pardon for necroposting, but I've got a little problem with this PaintChat, and if there's is any option, then I would like to ask about these instructions which was mentioned "a little" earlier. Sorry for trouble.

#19 10-19-2008 04:07:40

Waccoon
Administrator

@TD:  I got your e-mail and sent the instructions.  They are pretty complicated, though.  Don't say I didn't warn you.  wink

#20 10-19-2008 04:16:39

TD

Big Thanks - and Best Regards smile.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB