NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 06-25-2006 10:11:34

Kia

Instalation Error

"No Database Selected
No Database Selected
No Database Selected
No Database Selected
No Database Selected
No Database Selected
No Database Selected
No Database Selected
No Database Selected
No Database Selected
No Database Selected
No Database Selected
No Database Selected

If you did not recieve any errors,....."

I've installed other oekakis, but this one isn't working..

#2 06-25-2006 20:29:50

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Instalation Error

The database connection was made, but it couldn't find the specific database, or the database username doesn't have permission to use the database.  Make sure the spelling of the database name is correct, the database username has full permissions to access the database, and that you're using the full database username.

Some servers will put on a username prefix without telling you, so if your server login is "bob", and your database login is "william", see if the database username is "bob_william".  This is the most common reason for this error.

#3 06-26-2006 09:04:28

Kia

im using the same host, just under a different acct. its done this 7 more times now.  my first one isn't gota prefix so i dont see why the other should  -tears hair out-

#4 06-27-2006 03:32:29

Waccoon
Administrator

Oh, that's right.  Your oekakis are hosted by FunPic, correct?

Well, the only thing I can think of is that you have to "activate" your database before it will let you use it.  After that, the database username and database name are the same as your FunPic account name.  The db password is the same as your FunPic password.  I forget what the database host is, but since you're getting a connection, obviously that's not the problem.

That's really all there is.  The host, username, password, and database name.  You have the right host, but either the database isn't active, or the database name isn't right.

#5 06-27-2006 17:30:02

Kia

its activated, because you cant log in unless its activated. I'm thinking it may be something to do with the funpic account.

as for the database host I just use 'localhost'

#6 06-28-2006 04:27:35

Waccoon
Administrator

Yeah, I think localhost is right for FunPic.  Can you access the database with phpMyAdmin?  That will at least verify that the database is working correctly.

#7 06-30-2006 20:08:00

Kia (toolazytoologin)

No idea what that is o.o

#8 07-01-2006 06:52:02

Waccoon
Administrator

You can e-mail me the info, like last time, and I'll look into it.

#9 07-01-2006 21:35:15

Kia xx

Awww.... I'll have to draw you a Waccoon fanart picture if you're ok with crummy art <333

You're too nice.

#10 07-02-2006 05:16:29

Waccoon
Administrator

Oh yeah, I'm still having issues receiving mail from Yahoo.  So, you'll have to send the e-mail with the login information to my Yahoo address.

To everyone else, please don't send e-mail to that address without letting me know, first.  I don't check that account regularly (I started getting spam for "Ralox" watches the INSTANT I signed up.  Supid Yahoo).

#11 07-02-2006 11:23:31

Kiaxxxx

Yeah, On 1 of my yahoo accounts I get 10 spam msgs a day from generated names and msgs.

#12 08-17-2006 19:43:53

Mariko

Hmmm, yeah, I've been having the same exact problem....

I even changed my password to make sure I wasn't typing the wrong one or something.

#13 08-17-2006 20:11:27

Mar

Okay, so I just tried again once more and I got it to work.  So I think the problem for me at least was that for database name I was putting the url instead, but then I put both the database name and database username as the same thing and it worked just fine.

#14 09-18-2006 21:23:03

Kaori

I'm having a problem with my installation as well.

I keep getting this problem -
Warning: main(language/english.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/onecrazy/public_html/kaori/sephiroth/oekaki/install.php on line 56

Warning: main(language/english.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/onecrazy/public_html/kaori/sephiroth/oekaki/install.php on line 56

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'language/english.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/onecrazy/public_html/kaori/sephiroth/oekaki/install.php on line 56

Now, I'm on a subdomain, and would that matter if I am. Also, what does this mean and how can I fix it?

#15 09-19-2006 04:27:00

Waccoon
Administrator

In the oekaki folder, there should be another folder "language", which contains a file "english.php".  If that file is missing, the installer won't work right.  Make sure it is there.  If so, and it still isn't working, try re-uploading english.php.

On some [stupid] servers, the file may not be readable even if it is present due to agressive default security settings.  You may have to CHMOD the "language" folder to 775 or 750 for the file to be usable.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB