NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 06-15-2006 16:30:13

AlexiaSH

Needing to Force Refresh in Opera9 (Beta)

I am using Opera 9, and I seem to need to force refresh to see changes in a page, even once I make a change (like in the control panel, I change things, click apply, it does it, but I don't *see* it until I refresh the page manually).

The actual script works fine, just that one problem with the browser.

#2 06-16-2006 05:06:07

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Needing to Force Refresh in Opera9 (Beta)

Any specific types of changes?  Thumbnails, things that affect font sizes... or does it look like a caching issue?

It really bugs me that most modern browsers, and even languages like .net and Java are having tons of caching issues.  They aren't unsolvable, though.  I have Opera 8.5, so I'll update and see what I can figure out.

#3 06-16-2006 12:18:55

AlexiaSH

Like if someone goes and adds a new drawing, I'll have to refresh to see it. If I change a setting in the ACP, it'll show the old values set unless I refresh, and "then" I'll see the new changes.

Who's Online, profiles, etc., it does it for all of them.

I'm thinking it might be an Opera-specific problem (or maybe a Opera9 problem), since no one else has said anything about this.

Likely I bet just a small line of browser specfic code or something would need to be fixed to solve this, or something.

(Only other thing I can think of is maybe my cache is full, and that's what is causing it.)

Last edited by AlexiaSH (06-16-2006 12:20:49)

#4 06-17-2006 06:05:35

Waccoon
Administrator

Well, it's definately a caching problem, but I've never seen one this bad before.  Do all Wacintaki sites do this, or is it server-specific?

I just realized Opera 9 is beta.  I'll take a closer look once it is officially released.

#5 06-17-2006 12:37:44

AlexiaSH

I think it might be an Opera9 Beta problem, since I just cleared my cache, and it *seems* to work fine now.

Weird...

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB