NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 05-07-2006 18:37:51

Dreams

Wax Upgrade from OP - DB Error

Hey again! *devoted Waccoon follower, in spite of him probably not knowing who I am*

I got bold today and decided to try upgrading my OP 5.1.5aa to Wax Poteto 5.5.9. So I downloaded the overwrite patch and uploaded all the files, but I got this error:

MySQL: Table 'rosewhip_oekaki.op_oekakichatmodusers' doesn't exist
MySQL: Table 'rosewhip_oekaki.op_oekakichatmod' doesn't exist

STOP: Cannot add avatar field to database. Check the database connection and run the updater again

I wanted to be all sooper dooper and create the tables myself, but I don't know what fields they need, and stuff like that. Is something I uploaded supposed to create them for me?

I backed up my files, too, so I guess I'll get the regular OP back online. Haha, I tried to update it right when five members were online. It's not right that I should hate my own OP members. XD I'm going to use another database to make my own private Wacintaki, I think. No one else can join! But that's off topic.

Please help. <3

#2 05-07-2006 23:03:18

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Wax Upgrade from OP - DB Error

Oh, heck.  There's nothing wrong with the avatar field.  OekakiPoteto 5.1.5aa just got rid of the chat mod, so I had to update the installer to ignore those tables.

Try this one:  New updater

#3 05-07-2006 23:54:45

Dreams

Ohh, I see. Thanks for the updated update.php! It worked like a charm!

I have another question, though, now that the board's updated. The picture numbers changed to an outrageous amount... I mean, I uploaded a picture as a test, and it numbered it "1205", but it overwrote the old file properly as "213.png". Is that number that's being shown somehow keeping track of the TOTAL picture count that's ever been done on my board? ...Or something? Not sure I'm making sense. ^_^;

[edit] ...Actually, I'm not so sure it's overwriting things properly. The numbering for the picture files is pretty screwed up on my board, and it might have been because I had that huge reinstallation problem a few months back (I don't know if you remember helping me with that O_o). But I notice a 401, 402, and 403 in the files (which are, strangely, old pictures, not the one I just uploaded), and the board's not supposed to hold more than 400 pictures. There's probably no way of forcing it to correct itself, is there?

Last edited by Dreams (05-07-2006 23:59:10)

#4 05-08-2006 00:44:53

Waccoon
Administrator

OekakiPoteto is horrible at orphaned files, or files that should have been deleted, but weren't.  I've tried to correct a few of these problems, but only a complete overhaul will actually fix the board.

You'll have to manually delete picture numbers higher than the counter.  Also, delete any files with a number of "0".  Leftover animation files will be cleared out over time by Wax.  OekakiPoteto used to leave animation files for old pictures, even when new pictures were written.

I did indeed change the picture number to show how many pictures have been posted in total, but the actual file names are written correctly, so old files will be overwritten.

Most importantly, is that OekakiPoteto and Wax Poteto will sort pictures by their post date, but will delete and overwrite pictures by their number.  This means that files will be overwritten out-of-order, a huge problem that I only recently fixed in Wacintaki.  It's a serious design flaw in the board, but there's not much I can do to fix it, at least not in the near future.  Wax 5.5.10 will probably be released soon, but I don't have any plans to make 5.6.  I'd rather start working on my own code.

Still, if you find some odd bugs, please let me know.  I am interested in keeping things reasonably up to date.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB