NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 04-19-2006 12:19:03

FaroRe

Auto Bump Post??

Is it possible to make re-touched pictures auto bump (meaning to jump as a new picture to the first place on index) ?

#2 04-19-2006 14:52:23

sfox8

Re: Auto Bump Post??

I would assume that if you add the bump script to the retouch script in the functions.php file, it could auto-bump. That's an easy way out though. I would wait for Waccoon's response first. ^^

#3 04-20-2006 05:46:30

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Auto Bump Post??

Bumping is messy business with Wax, unfortunately.  I wouldn't recommend trying to do something like this.

You need to copy most of the bump code from functions.php into the scripts that save the images (shiget.php, paintbbsget.php, and getoekakibbs.php).  Search for where the code determines that the image is an edited picture (not a new one), and then paste the bump code AFTER the picture is saved and the thumbnail is updated.  Turning the bump code into a function call requires importing some config settings with the global command, which is a pain.

Really, the bump code was just a hack I did for a few friends.  I probably shouldn't have added it to Wax, as the code is slop.

All of this has been redone from scratch in Wacintaki 1.3, so bumping is trivial, but I have no plans to do the same to Wax.  I'd rather just start over.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB