NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 04-17-2006 17:58:49

sfox8

5.5.8 Login Error

With 5.5.8 and 9 i'm still getting a login error. ^^; the only thing that helps is to clear my cookies and I can't clear cookies everytime i logout and try to login again. ._.; no one else can register still. i tried to fix it but i dont know what else to do ^^;

Last edited by sfox8 (05-10-2006 21:34:19)

#2 05-10-2006 21:35:31

sfox8

Re: 5.5.8 Login Error

x.x yeah.. sorry for bumping but i'm still having this problem ^^;;; not really sure how i can fix it. or if it's on my side.

#3 05-11-2006 06:53:10

Waccoon
Administrator

I changed the logic a bit in header.php when testing for cookies.  Hopefully, this will improve situations where the password cookie gets garbled, but the username cookie is still intact.  Let me know if this works.

header

Since you're using a modded board, open up this file, search for "Test cookie", and take a close look at the branch to see what I changed.

#4 05-13-2006 14:00:33

sfox8

sadly it doesnt work still ^^; I'm using an unmodded board (well its modded now but at the time that i put the new header in it was unmodded). I'm still having problems registering and signing in unless my cookies are cleared first. =<

#5 05-13-2006 21:34:58

Waccoon
Administrator

I'm afraid I haven't run into any real problems with the code.  The changes I made just now were to test to see if the two cookies were out of sync.  Apparently, that's not the problem you're having.

Is there any strange behavior you can point out?  Does the page just refresh and not have you logged in, or does it give a specific message?  Exact wording is important.  If your browser lets you view cookies (like Firefox), does the browser only set one cookie and not two?

Do you have any special pop-up blockers installed on your comptuer?  What kind of browser plugins do you have?  Actually, what browser are you using?  I use clean installs of IE, Firefox, and Opera for testing (meaning, no 3rd-party plugins).

#6 05-13-2006 23:25:43

sfox8

An error occured. Please try again.

Use your browser button to go back.

Thats the error I'm receiving. It's not just me, its a couple other people who get the same error. ^^; It only works if I clear my cookies before I login. It logs some people in no problem, some dont.

I used my other laptop to login and it worked on the first try so I don't know what could be wrong. I'm using firefox for both. I'm using a version with plugins on this laptop, but it worked fine with older versions of wax. ^^;

I've tried opera and it doesnt work either. ^^; Thanks still.

Last edited by sfox8 (05-13-2006 23:26:57)

#7 05-14-2006 01:51:55

Waccoon
Administrator

That error message shouldn't show up unless your language file isn't up to date.  Do me a favor and recopy your language file, just in case.  That'll help narrow down where the problem is occuring.

Error reporting may also result in cookie issues.  Do you ever get garbage in your banner, like, random text that shouldn't be there?

IE is the only browser that really blocks cookies in annoying ways.  If you're using Firefox or Opera, that suggests either a problem with the server or Wax.  Cookies never worked well in the board, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's yet another issue I have to fix.  One thing I should do is set the cookie expiration date a lot earlier, which should ensure that both cookies are cleared out at the same time.

Still, I don't know if this problem is when cookies are set, or after they are set and the index is viewed.

#8 05-14-2006 10:34:33

sfox8

I recopied the language file. It didn't help much unfortunately.

Cooincidentally, the only browser I can use that DOES log me in with no problems is IE.

Sometimes I get "Duplicate Entry for sfox8" in the banner area but it disappears after I refresh.

I don't know if it could be my server or what. I'm able to log in and out using the old wax version (the one I'm using on my live board). When I installed the clean Wax 5.5.9 as a beta, it gave me the error immediately. ^^;

#9 05-14-2006 20:14:15

Waccoon
Administrator

Hmm... are you sharing cookies with more than one board?

Could you e-mail me a link?  The only oekaki boards I saw on your site were using Oevista.

#10 05-15-2006 14:54:35

sfox8

I have a bunch of different Betas for testing and new OV versions. ^^; Sorry bout that.

http://oekaki.oevista.org/beta3/ that's the one running on a clean Wax 5.5.9 install.
http://oekaki.oevista.org/beta/ is the 5.5.9 that I've been working on for the new OV mod. It won't login either.

Beta 3 doesn't have any cookies but the first Beta shares cookies with the main oekaki (at http://oekaki.oevista.org/) temporarily.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB