NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 04-08-2006 01:01:16

MJneko

Using old OekakiBBS applet?

I'm considering converting an older OekakiBBS board into WaxPotato, and was wondering if it's possible to add the use of the old oekaki131 applet.

And another question:
I'm using Wax 5.5.7 and anytime a guest posts (with comment avatars enabled), it gives this message.
Warning: mysql_result(): Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 52 in *path*/ro/op/index.php on line 438

I hope I made sense. Falling asleep while asking for help usually doesn't work too well. xD

Last edited by MJneko (04-08-2006 01:17:19)

#2 04-08-2006 05:43:05

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Using old OekakiBBS applet?

The old version of OekakiBBS is not supported.  I haven't used it in a while, but I do recall having a problem getting it to work properly, because there is some kind of security lockout (it only wants to work with the Perl-based picture.cgi).  Every time I tried to get it to work with my own PHP script, the applet returned some kind of security key, but no picture data.  Eventually, I gave up.

Sorry, but it's obvious that the authors don't want the applet to be used anywhere but on their own web site.

Unable to jump to row 0

There was a problem with 5.5.7 the day it was released.  I fixed it the next day, but apparently, you were too quick for me.  wink

Download the mini patch and copy the "index.php" file to the server.  No other files need to be copied.

#3 04-08-2006 15:03:54

MJneko

Waccoon wrote:

The old version of OekakiBBS is not supported.  I haven't used it in a while, but I do recall having a problem getting it to work properly, because there is some kind of security lockout (it only wants to work with the Perl-based picture.cgi).  Every time I tried to get it to work with my own PHP script, the applet returned some kind of security key, but no picture data.  Eventually, I gave up.

Sorry, but it's obvious that the authors don't want the applet to be used anywhere but on their own web site.

Unable to jump to row 0

There was a problem with 5.5.7 the day it was released.  I fixed it the next day, but apparently, you were too quick for me.  wink

Download the mini patch and copy the "index.php" file to the server.  No other files need to be copied.

Ah, darn. Oh well. :3

I re-uploaded index.php and it still gives that message. hmm

#4 04-09-2006 07:19:10

Waccoon
Administrator

I re-uploaded index.php and it still gives that message.

Huh.  Does it happen with every avatar or only certain ones?  It's possible the avatar field wasn't updated properly in the database.

The updater didn't return any errors, did it?

#5 04-09-2006 22:22:06

MJneko

It's happening with every guest post.
And nope, no errors from the updater.

#6 04-10-2006 01:01:59

Waccoon
Administrator

Guest posts are "special", and I overlooked something with the avatar code.

Fix, for 5.5.7 only:  5.5.8

Funny, Wacintaki didn't have this problem.

#7 04-11-2006 01:34:09

MJneko

Thanks so much!  That worked. big_smile

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB