NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 04-23-2005 19:14:16

shii

Upgrade problems

I deleted my boards and accidentally reinstalled OekakiPoteto. I then installed WaxPoteto to increase functionality, but my admins threw a fit. So, I wanted to upgrade to Wacintaki all over again. I tried the upgrade on one of my boards, and when it loaded, it displayed nearly all of the code for the template. Check it out:

http://www.etoxica.net/bebikaki

Any idea what happened? =\

( On a side note, when you draw with OekakiBBS, it won't save the pictures. It gives me the error of "Can't save picture data". x.x )

#2 04-23-2005 20:32:34

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Upgrade problems

Wacintaki uses templates differently from OP and Wax.  This tells me the Wacintaki files weren't copied over the Wax files.

First, remove these Wax files from the root folder of each board (the updater will remove all the old OekakiPoteto files):

spainter_all.jar
thumbs_api.php
res.zip
tt.zip

Then, copy all the base files from the Wacintaki 1.1.5 distro to the server.  This includes files like index.php, upload.php, footer.php, and so on.

Don't copy the resource, templates, and shipainter folders -- they already are on the server, presumably with your custom templates and stuff still intact.

Then, just view the board.  It may or may not tell you to run the updater again.

I then installed WaxPoteto to increase functionality

How so?  Wacintaki is supposed to have a lot more features than Wax.  Actually, Wax is supposed to be a "freshened" version of OP, while Wacintaki is more or less an overhaul.

#3 04-24-2005 02:56:58

shii

All fixed. big_smile Thanks again for your ingenius input, Waccoon!

And as a reply to that latter sentiment -- I meant only as improved functionality over OP, not Wacintaki. smile I didn't realize how jaded I was just leaving the boards as OP until I actually experienced it myself. Wacintaki is really SO MUCH BETTER. x.x

#4 04-24-2005 14:54:50

Waccoon
Administrator

Oh, duh.  I read that out of context.  smile

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB