NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 04-03-2006 14:10:10

miriya

OMG Clueless. (Can't get install to go. D<)

PHP makes me want to pull out my hair.

Okay.  Trying to install a fresh ver. 5.5.7.  Since I can admit to being completely dumb, I've been trying to follow the manual pretty step-by-step.  I've been reading the manual, and seem to have just about everything fine, until I get to the "go here and you'll be prompted to install."

No, no I'm not.  Even when I add "install.php" at the end,  just to make sure.   I've deleted everything, reupped and followed directions again, even switched to try to do the other oekaki board you have just to see if I wasn't going well with this one, but .... I'm clueless.

Help, please?  :3

Thank you so much! <3

#2 04-04-2006 06:10:31

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: OMG Clueless. (Can't get install to go. D<)

OK, so you've uploaded all your files, CHMOD everything, and you've tried to look at the folder.  It doesn't tell you "Click here to run the installer"?  What does show up when you view the folder?  Or, are you clicking that link, and the installer just doesn't show up?

#3 04-04-2006 07:29:09

miriya

I get a 404. >.<   Everything is uploaded, everything is chmodded to the recommended levels, I've upped a DB ... I've run wordpress before, and had a part where I had to input server name/password/etc in a file before uploading it, but haven't done that here.  I was kind of under the assumption that I would have to input that info on the install page, but maybe I've missed a step somewhere?</strike>

Sorry for being so incompetent.  *le sigh*

[ETA.  So, I found a pretty good way to work around it.  I ended up getting a successful install of Oekaki Poteto, and upgraded to wackintaki.  HUZZAH.  Success!  (It seems that the problem was probably that I was uploading in ASCII instead of binary on certain things, and vice versa.  Did I miss that bit in the Wacintaki manual?  T__T)

http://pinkink.soft-reset.net/

K.  So, there's only one problem.  Up at the very top, I'm getting the very end of hacks.php

Code:

“hacks.php”)
(You: 1, Script: '.HACK_CHECK.')'; exit (); } // End HACK_CHECK ?>

...what did I do wrong?]

[ETA 2:  Reupped hacks.php in ASCII instead of binary.  Seemed to fix it.

Is that correct?]

Thank you so very much for your help, and your wonderful program. <3]

Last edited by miriya (04-04-2006 18:37:14)

#4 04-05-2006 05:01:17

Waccoon
Administrator

All files that end with ".txt" and ".php" must be uploaded in ASCII mode.  Most FTP clients do this automatically, but some are not that smart.  wink

Assentially, ASCII is for human-readable text, like something you would see in Notepad without any funky-looking letters showing up.  Binary is for anything else.

#5 04-05-2006 06:30:42

miriya

I had no idea about that until just now.  I use FileZilla, and had to manually change between the two.

Thank you so much for your time, yo. <3

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB