NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 03-20-2006 02:28:28

Wish

Questions about editing Registration

Is there a way to change the registration page?

Also, I'm looking for a way to add a general rules page that newly registered users have to see before they can draw. Would that be the "News" page, the "Notice" page, or the "Banner" page?

If it could be on the registration page, that would be fantastic, but I'm a little nervous about directly editing any of the php files - this is my first Oekaki smile

-Wish

#2 03-20-2006 03:46:23

sfox8

Re: Questions about editing Registration

You would just need to edit the register.php page to include the rules at the top or something. OR if you don't want to touch the register page directly, you could just take the register page and delete everything there and replace it with the rules or something and call it something like rules.php. Then at the bottom of rules.php you would have something like "Continue to Register" link that would take you to the register page.

You would still have to edit the header to direct to rules.php instead of register.php though ^^;

#3 03-20-2006 06:32:02

Wish

Thanks! That'll work out just fine, I think.

Now for a more 'Kaki centric question: I'm having a problem saving "re-touches" of pngs made with OekakiBBS. I'm using OSX, and I've tried Firefox and Safari, but either way, I get a "data transfer error" whenever I try to touch-up anything made with OekakiBBS.

Is this an issue of the applet or something that I did wrong?

Thanks again for your help.

-Wish

#4 03-20-2006 14:46:05

sfox8

Honestly I think OekakiBBS is crap D= but I'm not sure exactly what's wrong. I would assume it's a problem with Java Sun. OekakiBBS doesn't work with Java Sun for most people. I would ask Waccoon about that though.

#5 03-21-2006 05:03:15

Waccoon
Administrator

OekakiBBS is a very buggy applet, and it wouldn't surprise me if (like many early Java applets), it relies on functions that are specific to Microsoft's version of Java.  Really, none of the applets bundled with OP are very stable or standards-compliant, but OekakiBBS is particularly troublesome.

I completely removed it from Wacintaki for this very reason, though it's still distributed with Wax.

The fact that Microsoft Java ("Virtual Machine") has special features compared to Sun Java was a major issue that caused a lot of arguments between the two companies.  Don't feel sorry for Sun, though.  They've caused more than their share of compatibility issues with their own platform.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB