NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 03-14-2006 07:26:14

Waccoon
Administrator

Wax Poteto 5.5.6

After a week of delays, 5.5.6 is finally out.  Due to some recent problems after the administration overhaul of 5.5.4, I decided to release this patch before moving on to 5.6.

Avatars have officially been added to Wax Poteto, and quite a few database and administration issues have been corrected.  There is also an updater, which will change the database and config files to handle avatars.  It will not cause compatibility issues with OekakiPoteto, so you can uninstall it later if you wish.

Download Wax Poteto

5.6 will be a fairly large overhaul, and will offer some of the features of Wacintaki.  It may take a while.

#2 03-14-2006 12:27:32

Kameloh1

Re: Wax Poteto 5.5.6

Rawr, very awesome XD

I already modified the code so that avatars will show up in 'comments' ^_^

http://www.oekakiart.com/archives/

<-- ish modifying a bunch of stuff before updating all teh boards.

THANK YOU <3

#3 03-14-2006 15:23:58

Kanako

Hi ^^

Kameloh: when i comment how can i show my avatar for all the users and not the only one that draw the drawing?

Waccoon: how can i send an e-mail w/ the user name and his password when they made the registration? ( like the "DEEP" with confirmation link)

thanks for the aid

#4 03-14-2006 15:27:15

Kanako

this very beautiful the new one 5.6 ^^

#5 03-15-2006 03:50:21

Waccoon
Administrator

Kameloh: when i comment how can i show my avatar for all the users and not the only one that draw the drawing?

I wasn't sure how well this would be accepted, since that's a lot of icons that's going to show up on one page.  After taking a look at a "real-world" example, the board set up by Kameloh, I think I should make that optional.

Waccoon: how can i send an e-mail w/ the user name and his password when they made the registration? ( like the "DEEP" with confirmation link)

Ah, now I know what you mean -- the notice in the web browser that their registration is pending.  I thought you were talking about something different in the e-mail they were getting, which didn't make sense since Wacintaki and Wax send out the same registration e-mails.

This is something I want to add.  I've been a bit wary of doing it since I don't have anyone to do language translations, so all messages will be in English only.  I guess I shouldn't worry about it so much.  It's not like I have to pester a bunch of people to retranslate stuff all the time.  wink

Oh yeah, I'll notify you of the changes, Kameloh, so you won't have to mod everything all over again.

Bear in mind that development of Wax is winding down, since I'm now working on a brand new oekaki system to replace Wacintaki.  But, if people still want certain new fetaures for Wacintaki or Wax, all suggestions are welcome.

#6 03-15-2006 03:53:58

Waccoon
Administrator

Oh yeah, Kameloh... be aware that the updater must be run for each board to patch the avatars field in the database -- and then the updater should be removed.  It's not a security problem to leave the updater on the server, but board owners will receive a constant reminder to remove the updater, which is an annoyance.

#7 03-15-2006 07:34:13

Kanako

that it is had to modify in register to add this?
After you have registered, check your e-mail for the link to activate your account.

thanks for its aid : )

#8 03-15-2006 12:07:18

Kameloh2

Oh, I always baleet it don't worry XD

Is there any way I can program the updater to delete the old avatar row? Because it already has a value in it and it gets a bit screwy XD

(I had to delete the old avatar row first then use the updater to create a fresh brand new row)

Rawrr ! Check out the spiffy new profile page XDDD

#9 03-15-2006 14:56:41

sfox8

big_smile love the new profile page kameloh. xD very spiffy indeed. makes me more impatient for wac 1.3.0's release so i can start OV's new version >big_smile

#10 03-16-2006 04:30:38

Waccoon
Administrator

that it is had to modify in register to add this?
After you have registered, check your e-mail for the link to activate your account.

Once the registration is processed by functions.php, it redirects back to register.php instead of the index page, which may then print any message you like.  I can get a patch to you before 5.5.7 is released, if you like.

Is there any way I can program the updater to delete the old avatar row? Because it already has a value in it and it gets a bit screwy XD

Look for the point in the updater where you see this line:

run_q ("ALTER TABLE {$mem}oekaki ADD avatar VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' ");

Change it to these two lines:

Code:

run_q ("ALTER TABLE {$mem}oekaki CHANGE avatar avatar VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''");
run_q ("UPDATE {$mem}oekaki SET avatar='' ");

That will update the avatar field to the correct format and flush anything that's already there.  When using the ALTER TABLE construct, "avatar" is listed twice.  The first reference is what you want to change, the second reference is to what it should be renamed (we keep the same name).  The rest is the format of the field, meaning, "A character field that can have anywhere from 0 and 128 letters, it's can't have a NULL value (used mostly by low-level languages like C), and the default value is blank".

Just make sure the avatar field is there, and the capitalization is correct, otherwise, MySQL will return an error.  If required, use "Avatar avatar" in the second query if you capitalized the word when you made your mod.

#11 03-16-2006 15:29:31

Kameloh THREE XD

Rawr, it didn't work so I decided to move the code after the 5.0.0 initialization check XD. That kinda gave it the boot so it works now ;3

I think the only reason why it did not work in the original avatar thingy is because it probably checked if there was an existing row already available! ('cause of the if {} else {} statements XD)

Thank you! It makes life easier when you don't have to delete/add every avatar field for every oekaki board XD

Since FlagChk.php is gone, do you think I'd be able to integrate all the oekaki boards like I did before? Or are there still some boundaries that still need editing?

RAWR |3

#12 03-17-2006 04:14:21

Waccoon
Administrator

flagchk.php isn't gone -- it's just been integrated into globals.php, so you can use the check_flag() function anywhere in any script.  With Wax 5.6, I'm going to switch over to the new $flags[] array, like in Wacintaki, so if you want to see if someone has draw access, all you have to do is:

if ($flags['D']) {

Since I updated practically every file with 5.5.6, now I only have to update globals.php to add new security features.  I'll be porting over a bit of code from Wacintaki.

BTW, in case anyone was wondering, Wacintaki 1.3 is delayed due to a retouch bug that causes orphaned images.  I'll be working on that this weekend.

#13 03-17-2006 05:59:31

sfox8

oh thanks xD i was kind of wondering what was up with 1.3 *thought it was at a standstill again*

#14 03-18-2006 05:07:16

Waccoon
Administrator

What really ticks me off is that the Win32 version of PHP has a horrible defect -- files deleted cannot be re-written within that instance of the script.  This is a problem with the UNIX emulation layer in PHP (though I'm sure plenty of people would rather blame Windows, as usual).  This is why OekakiPoteto never worked right on Windows computers, and why I can't simply delete the old files before writing the new ones.  The workaround I used for 1.2.1 isn't robust enough, and I have to re-write the file unlocking code so it will rename a file to a random temp name before deleting it.  That can be tricky, as it may also result in orphaned files, which results in the server eventually running out of space, which is obviously unacceptable.

Perl has this problem, too.  I really, really wish those UNIX fans would fix this issue.  It drives me nuts that I have to write a custom wrapper just to delete a file!

#15 03-23-2006 09:53:58

Weedo

would you please post a patch so that avatars show up next to comments too?
pleaase!
how can I change the max avatarsize by the way?

#16 03-24-2006 05:13:05

Waccoon
Administrator

Yes, avatars on comments is working surprisingly well on my oekaki, and will be coming in Wax 5.5.7.  This week has been hell at work, and Wacintaki 1.3 has been giving me a few problems, so I've not done much work on new releases.

You can change the allowed size of avatars in the control panel, in the same section as where you enable avatars.  Allowable sizes are from 10x10 pixels to 100x100 pixels.

#17 03-25-2006 02:30:38

dee

i got some problems like others. It's all about registration. I chose automatic registered, i thought the P for Pending would disable. But nothing happened. I have to accept users one by one and the other problem is the user doesnt accept any confirmation email or something in their email.
Again, i hope i can disable the validation email and make users easily register up.

p/s: i use wax poteto 5.5.6

#18 03-25-2006 03:16:05

Waccoon
Administrator

Automatic registration means people will have to activate their accounts themselves via a link in their e-mail.  If you're on a free server, it's possible that e-mails are not being sent.

I'll add the Wacintaki hack to "force" registrations to Wax 5.5.7.  That will allow people to use their memberships without activation, or having to wait for your approval.  It's very easy to do, so I may as well.

Note that if someone is already in the pending list, and you change the status of automatic registration, you may still have to approve those people manually.  When you get 5.5.7, make sure you clear out the pending list accordingly.

#19 03-25-2006 18:00:21

dee

W.P 5.5.7 sounds good.. i'm waiting for this next latest version. I'm using paid hosting actually. Could u gimme some codes to fix my problem before 5.5.7 launchs. I've opened function.php to fix it but really dont know where should i start.

#20 03-25-2006 23:18:29

Waccoon
Administrator

5.5.7 is now out.  smile

#21 03-26-2006 00:36:03

dee

i've overwrited the patch 5.5.7 ( the tiny one rite ), but it's still the same...hemm...maybe i should build up clean over again....and the avatar..something wrong there, they're appear the same avatar for the different user...

p/s: yeah, i really should clean install back..trial and error. maybe success then.

#22 03-26-2006 01:05:28

dee

i've figure out something wrong in functions.php,
if u wanna make easy register ( w/o confirmation mail or approval admin )
follow these step :

if u use w.poteto 5.5.6, then u should overwrite with the new patch 5.5.7 ( using ftp )
after that, look up in /oekaki/functions.php , open edit with dreamweaver of notepad ( i prefer d/weaver )
go to line 392 ...
ops...really dont have much time now
stop here..
( i've fixxed this prob )

i've fix the avatar too..now, each comment will have avatar with it's own user... same like the forum..

waccoon, see mine here :
http://artwork.dee.com.my/oekaki

thanks waccoon for the patch!
i'll continue later.

Last edited by dee (03-26-2006 01:06:17)

#23 03-26-2006 05:55:22

Waccoon
Administrator

i've figure out something wrong in functions.php,
if u wanna make easy register ( w/o confirmation mail or approval admin )
follow these step :

I'm not sure to what you're referring.  After updating to 5.5.7, you have to go into the control panel and set registration approval to "force".  Force is a new option.  If registration approval is left on "no", people will still be asked to check their e-mail, and will be automatically approved only if the server's e-mail system isn't working or has been disabled.

I works like this:

Require Approval:
   Yes = Admins must approve all registrations.
   No = People activate their own registrations via e-mail.
   Force = People are approved immediately.

#24 03-26-2006 06:15:56

dee

ermm..
after i've overwrite the new patch, the approval still the same, there's no"force" option,
then i have configure the functions.php by myself

i've copied the codes from line 392 :
    //$result = mysql_query ("INSERT INTO {$OekakiPoteto_MemberPrefix}oekaki SET usrname='{$username}', email='{$email}', usrpass='{$userpass1}', usrflags='P', comment='{$comment} - {$hostname} - {$SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']}', url='{$artURL}', joindate=NOW(), language='{$language}', templatesel='', lastlogin=NOW()");

and then paste to line 395

and it's work. People are approved immediately after that. I don't know what's really happened, but doing fine rite now using the board. I've changed the codes in index.php too to make avatar appear in every person in comments section.

#25 03-26-2006 06:39:12

Waccoon
Administrator

after i've overwrite the new patch, the approval still the same, there's no "force" option

Are you sure you recopied the language file?  If you don't update the language file, the word "force" won't show up in the control panel.  Lots of other things will be missing, too.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB