NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 03-04-2006 22:25:33

yao

Installation problem//no database selected

Hello waccon refered me here to ask for support, after reading more help searchings I've come upon the conclusion of theis annoying problem. When installing, I put in all the information,after the installation I get a screen telling me that I have no database selected.  My Oekaki's URL is http://www.sitandrot.com/oekaki
Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: I seem to have fixed the no database selected problem, but I now have a new problem, I am getting Access denied for user 'yaoman84'@'localhost' to database 'mysql' 

I've entered the correct user and password that I am sure of. What am i doing wrong here sad

Last edited by yao (03-04-2006 22:39:25)

#2 03-05-2006 01:54:04

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Installation problem//no database selected

If you actually created a database called "mysql", that might be the problem.  There might be some keywords that are not allowed in database names.  Keep in mind that MySQL is a an application which manages multiple databases.  The database name is the name of a MySQL database you create, not the brand of SQL you are using.  For example, you might use MySQL to create a database called "oekaki", which contains the tables that contain the information.

Since you're getting an access denied error (instead of "cannot connect" error), the database name might have to change.  When you create a database, try calling it something like "oekaki" instead of "mysql".  That will cause less confusing in the long run.

#3 03-05-2006 03:30:28

yao

Re: Installation problem//no database selected

Oh wow, I can't believe I am such a dummy *-*;;; I added my oekaki database with PhpMyAdmin and it works smoothly now.
As thanks for being so awesome Waccon, my first Oekaki Drawing is dedicated to you big_smile Keep up the good work!!!
http://www.sitandrot.com/oekaki/pictures/1.png

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB