NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 04-16-2013 15:43:06

ince

Add option to edit "From" field for mails sent by the board

Hi there,

Right now all emails sent by the board have the sender's name as "From: Oekaki" which, besides having "From:" in the "From" field, would be nice to have configurable to whatever people would like it to say.

I found the offending line in the w_mail function in common.php, where "From: Oekaki" is hard-coded as part of the "From" field, so I guess it would be fairly easy to replace with a variable and add that to the config or install page.

#2 04-18-2013 02:54:42

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Add option to edit "From" field for mails sent by the board

Probably a good idea, since I just made some changes to the e-mail notification system for 1.5.14, and most of what's there is still leftover from the OekakiPoteto days (wow, I can't believe Wacintaki is now almost 10 years old).

I think it would be reasonable to have the default as the title of the board, like in the registration verification e-mails, but it could still be changed it in the control panel.

#3 04-30-2013 22:40:06

siliconsara

Can you also do this for any instance where it might say "Wacintaki" or "Oekaki" ...might be more feasible to put the title of the oekaki site?

For instance, on the chatroom window it says at the bottom: You can use the message box to leave requests/comments, or talk to Wacintaki members if they are online.

#4 05-01-2013 01:06:49

Waccoon
Administrator

I'll have to be careful with that.  Last time I did some major edits to the non-English language files I b0rked the encoding.  I'll look into it.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB