NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 12-23-2005 06:19:11

fuyu

Edit time displaying by seconds, instead of minuites.

Hello,

My problem is that when editing under ShiPainter (not sure if it's the same result for everything else) the edit time will be counted as seconds. For example, if I spend 48 minutes on a drawing, it will write it as "48" in the "edittime" column of the op_oekakidta table.. and will output it on the oekaki saying that I spent 1 minuite on the drawing. Changing the value to "400" will make the output display 7 minutes.

I am using 5.5.2 of Wax Poteto. I was a clean install.
My oekaki URL is http://seiyausagi.net/bbs/oekaki/
The only modification that I've made, is remove the email addresses from showing on the member's page, as well editing the language file to change a few things in the registration form.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by fuyu (12-23-2005 06:21:16)

#2 12-24-2005 01:37:30

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Edit time displaying by seconds, instead of minuites.

That's weird.  This is only during a retouch, or during new posts, too?

I haven't seen this issue, before.  Wax puts a UNIX timestamp on the applet, and when a picture is submit, it subtracts the applet timestamp from the current time.  Everything is done in seconds.

It's possible I messed up the 5.5.2 archive, though, so I'll check that out ASAP.

In the meantime, I've finally fixed the Wax memberlist so it masks e-mails, like Wacintaki.  This patch will be part of 5.5.3.  Give it a try.

#3 12-24-2005 01:44:17

fuyu

Thank you verry much Waccoon for your reply!!

It does this both when retouching, as well as making a new picture. A member posted using OekakiBBS and it appears to have counted the time correctly though.

I will install the patch immediately! Thank you very much for the masking option! smile

Edit:
The memberlist patch is great! Is there a way for the moderators/admins emails to also be masked?

Last edited by fuyu (12-24-2005 01:56:33)

#4 12-24-2005 02:20:36

Waccoon
Administrator

I just did a test install of the 5.5.2 archive, and haven't run into any time counting problems when posting or editing pics with Shi Painter or Shi Pro.  Everything is processed in seconds.

I think I'll have to register on your board and see what timestamps are being used on your applets.  Maybe PHP isn't setting the times correctly with the ShiPainter applets for some reason.  The timestamps are also added directly by the database, so maybe there's a string parsing issue.  Some servers are fussy when they expect numbers and you give them strings.

As for the memberlist, I updated the archive.  Open the file in a text editor (Notepad is fine), and at the top, edit the line so it shows:

Code:

$block_all_emails = 1;

This will block the admin e-mails from unregistered people.  This isn't something I'd put into the board by default, as some people may need to send an e-mail to an admin in case of a registration problem.  The masking technique I'm using is very good at fooling web robots.

You know, it just occured to me that may things I've added to Wacintaki haven't made it into Wax.  I'll spend some time this weekend bringing Wax Poteto up to date.  The next version of Wacintaki is a big one, so it's going to take me a while, anyway.  wink

#5 12-24-2005 21:28:07

fuyu

Hi Waccoon! For some odd reason it didn't work before, but now it is. o.O Does time counted have anything to do with the java version? Because I upgraded and now it's counting fine with my newest test picture. I'm sorry for wasting your time!!!

#6 12-24-2005 22:17:16

Waccoon
Administrator

Now that's really interesting.  The applet "forwards" the timestamp to the oekaki board, but isn't supposed to modify it in any way.  I'll have to keep this in mind.

Java is such a pain in the butt.  roll

#7 12-27-2005 16:06:05

fuyu

Thank you for your patience Waccoon! I downloaded the updated archive and changed the settings as you mentioned. Thanks so much for this feature! I really felt it was not fair to display everyone's emails to the public like that, especially since these days spam is getting worse and worse, so  I REALLY appreciate that you added this feature!! Thank you so much for your time, excellent support and for continuing work on oekaki!

You should really put up something for donations!

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB