NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 12-22-2005 05:30:56

Pinkie

OekakiBBS not working

Recently I uploaded a fresh oekaki board, however, oekakiBBS isn't working. The page loads but the Java applet doesn't. I'm using Java Sun 1.5, and on other oekaki boards of mine oekakiBBS works fine. I know it must be something simple... but it's really, really bugging me.

I am certain that the following files are uploaded: gteoekakibbs.php, oekakiBBS.php oekakiBBSa.php and most importantly oekakibbs.jar so why on earth isn't it working?? Are there any other files accosiated with oekakiBSS that I forgot to upload?

#2 12-23-2005 04:20:42

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: OekakiBBS not working

So, the page loads, but you get a red X where the applet is supposed to be?

It's possible the JAR file didn't upload correctly.  That's the only Java file required to get the applet working.

#3 12-24-2005 05:17:35

Pinkie

Yes...all I see is a big X where the applet is. I've tried deleting oekakibbs.jar and re-uploading it from my computer but I seem to be always getting the same result. I'm certain that the JAR file is a clean, normal copy. I'm hosting about 6 other boards on the same domain and oekakiBBS seems to be workin on them.

I'll retry uploading the JAR file via the internet instead of FTP.

I know it must be somethign simple.... I just can't work out what.

#4 12-24-2005 22:14:29

Waccoon
Administrator

Maybe your Java cache is corrupt.  Caches are such a pain in the butt, and the Java cache is particularly troublesome.

From the Windows taskbar, go to the Control Panel, and click on the one for Java.  I'm not sure where this would be on an XP system.  You may have an easier time finding if you open up the Control Panel in Classic View.

Once the Java control panel is up, look for either an "Empty Cache" button, or "Delete Temporary Internet Files".  It varies depending on which version of Java you're using (Sun redesigns this stuff regularly, but never seems to improve anything).

Once the cache is empty, try it again.

#5 01-14-2006 06:53:37

Pinkie

It's still not working -_-'

I emptied the cache, and the checked there was nothing in it. Perhaps it's only me....

The oekakis located @ http://www.kushika.mihopa.com/cascadeoekaki/

I think the easiest way is to delete it off the server. No one uses that applet anyway. Well, very few people do. Thanks for your help Wacoon. I appreciate it!

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB