NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 11-07-2011 19:26:49

Brent

Installation problem?

Getting this error after installing the latest version of Wacintaki Poteto on a fresh server:

Wrote database config file.
Wrote config file.

Wrote base “resource” folder files.

Starting to set up database.
[install.php > db_result() > 731] You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(14) NOT NULL, `hostname` TEXT, `email` VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL, `url' at line 5 [chat]
[install.php > db_result() > 797] You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(14) NOT NULL, `onlineIP` TEXT, `locale` VARCHAR(30) DEFAULT NULL, `onl' at line 4 [online]
Finished setting up database.

The site seem to work fine except I get this error in the header area on every page:

Warning: mysqli_data_seek() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home/admin/domains/mysite.com/public_html/oekaki/db_layer.php on line 112

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admin/domains/mysite.com/public_html/oekaki/db_layer.php:112) in /home/admin/domains/mysite.com/public_html/oekaki/boot.php on line 42

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admin/domains/mysite.com/public_html/oekaki/db_layer.php:112) in /home/admin/domains/mysite.com/public_html/oekaki/boot.php on line 45

This is on my new dedicated server.  I've never run into this error when installing Oekakis on my other servers.  Any idea what's going on?

I tried installing Wax Poteto 5.8.6 and got an error before even installing it saying "Cannot open config file!" or something.

#2 11-08-2011 03:58:27

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Installation problem?

Sigh.  The MySQL team decided to change the syntax again.

Here is a fixed installer (install-1.5.9.zip).  You'll have to wipe the database you have now and start over again.

I'll update to MySQL 5.5 to check for any other problems, and then release a new version of Wacintaki and Wax soon.

For the technically inclined, as of MySQL 5.5, it is now illegal to specify a display width suffix with the TIMESTAMP datatype.  So instead of "TIMESTAMP(14)", you now need to use just "TIMESTAMP".

#3 11-08-2011 12:51:11

Brent

Re: Installation problem?

Thanks Waccoon!  Your dedication is amazing.  I have to go vote today but I'll let you know if the fix works soon.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB