NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 10-10-2011 15:12:20

Tiger

Chibi Paint Upload Issue.

Hello, I have another oekaki question. A member of mine is trying to upload a picture into Chibi Paint.

She is trying to upload this: http://www.nightfirestudio.com/oekaki/p … OP_258.png
But when she goes to retouch the uploaded picture, she gets this: http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9932/toosmall.png

I am having the same issue when i upload that same image.

Is it a browser error, applet error, or something different?

Thanks for reading!

#2 10-10-2011 20:20:36

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Chibi Paint Upload Issue.

Drat.  After running some tests, I'm afraid the problem is that ChibiPaint is unable to handle a canvas larger than 1024x1024.  The applet will automatically crop the canvas if the picture is too large.

EDIT:

I have a beta of a modified ChibiPaint which allows larger canvases, does not send a layers file if there is only one layer, and has a less complicated upload dialog box.

ChibiPaint 0.7.11.2w

As per the license requirements of the GPL, the source is available here:  ChibiPaint 0.7.11.2w - source code

#3 10-12-2011 06:57:55

Trunksi

wow nice I'm going to try it out as well big_smile since I was also annoyed by the fact that chibi paint cut off the images which are larger than 1024x1024

#4 10-20-2011 10:40:18

Tiger

Fix worked perfect Waccoon! smile

I do have another issue to post about, though, and to avoid posting more threads I just made another post in this one.

One of my members gets this message when trying to submit an image: http://www.iaza.com/work/111020C/iaza11811184809000.png

She says this has happened on another oekaki as well. Is there a fix for this?

Also, she's having an issue with updated images; To quote her-  "While I'm at it, I'm having a problem where I go to edit my linart image and it shows the sketch. I've always fixed this before by exiting my browser and coming back, but it doesn't seem to work with this oekaki at all. Any advice or should I just reupload it? "

Sorry for so many questions, I'm still a new oekaki owner and at past oekakis I've been on, these errors have never happened.

Last edited by Tiger (10-20-2011 15:40:45)

#5 10-21-2011 22:46:19

Waccoon
Administrator

The first problem is a standard HTTP 408 message ("Connection timed out").  For some reason, the applet is trying to connect to the server, but the connection isn't being made and the request times out.

I'm not aware of anything specific to the oekaki that would be causing this, except that the server doesn't like to make connections with Java applets.  Does this problem happen every time, or only once in a while?  Most likely it's the server or a compatibility issue between the server and her computer.  If the rest of the oekaki works fine, this may be near impossible to fix.  My only suggestion is to try a different web browser and see what happens.

As for the retouch issue, it depends on what applet she's using.

ShiPainter is having big problems with broken animation files and I can't track down the issue.  If she's trying to retouch an image made with ShiPainter and she only gets part of the picture, she should scroll to the bottom of the screen where there is an option to retouch from the canvas and not the animation.  I'm still working to track down the animation bug.

If the problem is with ChibiPaint, then this is something new I've never heard about before.  When she tries to retouch a ChibiPaint image, the sketch and the line art layers are being merged, instead of remaining separate?

PaintBBS will "remember" the last canvas that was being drawn before the web browser window was closed, so the next time you start the applet, it may load up the previous picture.  The applet usually asks, first, with "Is Image Restored?"  If she's trying to retouch an image, the proper answer would be "no".

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB