NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 11-24-2005 02:13:04

kendra

Where are the MOD's?

Anyone know where the MOD's are ?

~kendra~

Windows: a 32-bit extension and a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to a 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor, written by a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

#2 11-24-2005 21:11:58

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Where are the MOD's?

Modules?  Moderators?  Soundtracker files?

I'm the only admin around here, if that's what you're asking.

#3 11-29-2005 21:13:42

kendra

mehe ~Glares ar wacoon~

Sorry I refer to "MODS" as "modifcatations" such as adding a feature such as a "Image or picture" to the members profile.

I looked at the one that used a iframe but it appears as though that was witten for an older version. I did play around thouh and tried another way using a php include instead, and just saved them to a FlatFile database instead but its still not working right

Also users cant seem to get the OekakiBBS to save anything. Sorry if you answered this in the other thread but I dont know why I cant

~kendra~

Windows: a 32-bit extension and a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to a 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor, written by a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

#4 11-30-2005 04:23:17

Waccoon
Administrator

Oh... duh.  Those kinds of mods.  smile

The only ones I know of that are redistributable are the phpBB integration (which I haven't tried), and the various tutorials that show how to add avatars.  Wacintaki doesn't really have an architecture for mods, so things get out of date very fast.

I think I'm going to remove OekakiBBS.  That applet is very troublesome, and is basicly incompatible with the newest version of Java, which results in the inability to save images.

#5 11-30-2005 11:40:00

kendra

My thoughts exactly, the other ones work great and offer everything, Ill just remove it and solve the problem altogether.

Thanks Wacoon  wink

~kendra~

#6 12-27-2005 22:19:28

sfox8

Well my oevista project is a MOD for Wax Poteto (it offers stuff like avatars which Waccoon helped me add and journals, secret santa hacks, notice commenting, board statistics, modified profiles, added gallery setups, user ID's etc). (http://oevista.org/oekaki/) I was going to distribute it if I got the permission of Waccoon first but I think I'm going to start working on oevista as a Wacintaki MOD from now on. There seems to be more promise for Wacintaki more than wax. Although if I can tidy up the code for the oevista wax mod then I may still release that to public with Wac's permission. ^^ Since Wacintaki is probably going to be gaining all of the oevista mod features eventually anyway. XD

#7 12-28-2005 05:11:17

Waccoon
Administrator

You may want to wait for Wacintaki 1.3 to be released.  I'm planning on permanently fixing the sorting problem which will render the bump code obsolete, but will make it pretty difficult to get existing mods to work, since everything will be done by postdate, rather than ID_2.

After 1.3, Wacintaki will be retired, so you'll have a fairly consistent base on which to make mods, save for a few little fixes here and there.  OOSP isn't going anywhere, so I'll be writing an all-new board from scratch, and that's going to take quite a while.  wink

#8 12-28-2005 09:24:01

sfox8

it's kind of sad how they've practically discontinued OOSP (even though they didnt officially announce it). Well I'll definately be waiting for Wacintaki 1.3 then big_smile
Another thing I'm waiting anxiously for is OCELOT by uriel O3O

#9 12-29-2005 05:25:45

Waccoon
Administrator

OOSP kind of died quietly.  I really have no idea what's up with the project.  People were talking about what kind of template engine to use (very important), and then, nothing.

OCELOT looks interesting, though it's a little too heavyweight for my tastes.  I like small and simple, like how oekaki used to be with the first PaintBBS boards.  I was actually offered a part on the project, but most of the design work is finalized at this point, and I wanted to work on the interfaces and templates.

#10 12-29-2005 12:51:15

sfox8

the site for oosp went down and nobody mentioned anything else about it. they never updated it anyway though .o.; i'm still hoping they'll get back to work on it though.

ocelot does seem to be going quite well so far though ^^ i wonder how far along it is. it's probably got a lot to do. XD

oh by the way, i sent you an email yesterday *just to be sure you got it*

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB