NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 12-12-2010 04:21:12

Waccoon
Administrator

Wax Poteto 5.8.1 released!

Yes, a new version!  Consider it an early Christmas gift.  smile

It includes a number of important compatibility fixes that should have been done a long time ago, and some fixes from Wacintaki.

Everyone is encouraged to update, especially if you plan to update PHP on your server.

Download Wax Poteto 5.8.1

Code:

v5.8.1 - December 12, 2010

CHANGES:
- Fixed all PHP short tags.
- Adjusted HTML links in rollovers when JavaScript is disabled.
- Added separate login script if JavaScript is disabled.
- Fixed HTML parsing issues with register.php.
- Fixed incorrect count of active members in memberlist.
- Fixed dimensions not being checked when uploading files (not the applets).
- Fixed smilies code so smilies at the start of a multi-line comment will now work correctly.
- Removed PHP unserialize() function from draw preferences.  Not secure when used with user input.

FEATURES:
- Comments now allowed in ban list, to help identify users and reasons for banning.

#2 12-13-2010 18:01:18

arisidhe

Re: Wax Poteto 5.8.1 released!

Oh my gosh Wac, thank you so much!  It's absolutely awesome to know that you're still working on Wax Poteto and updating it.
Just a question, then, for the patch:
I have 5.8.0 right now, so I downloaded the "Patch for 5.6.0 and newer" file.  I unzipped it, and there are a bunch of files in the folder itself, plus three other folders.  Do I just dump everything into the oekaki folder again?  Sorry, just paranoid here.

Again, thanks so much for all your hard work!

#3 12-13-2010 23:18:09

Waccoon
Administrator

Yup, all the new files just overwrite the old ones.  The new files in the "lanugage" folder also overwrite the old files in the server's "language" folder, too.

You actually don't have to copy the resource and templates folders if you don't want to, since you have 5.8.0.  Also, you don't have to copy the chibipaint.jar file, either.

I should probably make an even smaller patch for people using 5.8.0, since it's been about a year since the last version.  I'll do that now.

Last edited by Waccoon (12-16-2010 17:33:31)

#4 12-15-2010 18:24:17

rainbow

Good maintenance release update for the discontinued WaxPoteto, Wac!

Actually, the forum thread should read WaxPoteto 5.8.1 not 8.5.1 as I don't think that there are any plans to release anymore major releases of WaxPoteto. I'm pretty sure that WaxPoteto will continue to be updated until Wacintaki 2 gets released...which means that WaxPoteto will somehow reach EOL, is that correct?

Last edited by rainbow (12-15-2010 18:30:12)

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB